Hi, I am travelling soon and want to remove 1password from my phone.

waryofdairy
waryofdairy
Community Member

I don't have 1password accounts, so can't use travel mode, and don't wish to change at this stage. I have 2 questions...

1 - If I uninstall the app from my phone can I reinstall it later once I return, at no cost?

2 - If I uninstall the app from my phone will I lose my data on my Mac? I don't use cloud sync, just local wifi sync

1Password Version: 6.8.8
Extension Version: 4.7.1
OS Version: 10.12.6
Sync Type: wifi
Referrer: forum-search:If I delete the 1password app from my phone will the app on my Mac be affected?

Comments

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni

1 - If I uninstall the app from my phone can I reinstall it later once I return, at no cost?

@waryofdairy: Yes. You'll just need to install it using the same Google Account you used to purchase it.

2 - If I uninstall the app from my phone will I lose my data on my Mac? I don't use cloud sync, just local wifi sync

No. But I'd encourage you to export your data first, just to be on the safe side.

I hope this helps. Be sure to let me know if you have any other questions! :)

• waryofdairy
    waryofdairy
    Community Member

Thanks for that! But a bit confused. Wouldn't I just do a backup which is encrypted, rather than an export which isn't? And then just restore if anything did go wrong? I mean backup the data on my Mac (which I think happens automatically), delete everything from the phone, then when I get back just reinstall the app on the phone and do a sync? Cheers

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni

@waryofdairy: Did you look? The only export option 1Password for Android has is OPVault, which is just a standard — encrypted — 1Password vault, which you'd be able to open in the app on any platform if needed. Does that help? :)

• waryofdairy
    waryofdairy
    Community Member

Yes I did look, but I still don't understand why I'd need to export from the android app at all when all my data is on my Mac and backed up anyway?? Sorry if I'm missing something here

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni

@waryofdairy: You certainly don't have to, but we're always going to recommend backing up your data. You can never have too many backups. But it's at your discretion how many you keep. If you're satisfied that what you already have is sufficient, delete away. :)

This discussion has been closed.