My 1password "Generated Passwords" seems to have the wrong permissions

I can't see or edit any entries in it, the 1password cli isn't working (unless I specify a vault which isn't the Generated Passwords vault), and trying to open the vault's detail page on the web gives: "Failed to load vault. Cannot read property '0' of undefined".

How can I correct this?

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: 1passwordX 1.8.6
OS Version: Ubuntu
Sync Type: Not Provided
Referrer: forum-search:generated passwords

Comments

• Hi @davidbinns,

We added a password generator history feature to the most recent 1Password X beta, but it created a few glitches in the web app and other clients which aren't yet aware of this feature, like the command-line tool. Our server engineers are working on a hotfix which should automatically resolve the permission issue for you as soon as it's deployed, and I'll reply here when I have an update.

-Mitch

• Thanks again for reporting this, @davidbinns. I just wanted to let you know that things should be working fine now.

Please let us know if you encounter any other issues.

Thanks!

++dave;

• davidbinns
    davidbinns
    Community Member

Thank you - the command line is indeed now working fine (which is what I wanted!), although I note that the commandline doesn't now list the Generated Passwords vault, the Generated Password doesn't have any edit capabilities on 1password.com, and the details page for the vault is still reporting: 'Failed to load vault. Cannot read property '0' of undefined'

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni

Correct. This is something we're experimenting with in the 1Password X beta before rolling it out. None of the other apps are aware of this special vault type. Sorry for any confusion that's caused.

This discussion has been closed.