Automatic sync disabled

Hello.
I've tried to sync the information from 1Password on my iPhone, to the newly installed 1Password on my Mac.
It seem that the Mac and Dropbox works together, but when I try to set up the iPhone I just get the message Autoatic sync disabled.
I may have done something in the wrong order.

Can someone please help me?

Comments

• MikeT
    edited August 2011
    Hi Larsmork,

You may have told 1Password not to remember your master password when you set up Dropbox Sync on the iPhone (which disable the automatic sync) or Dropbox sync is disabled on your Mac.

Please first check that you have a green checkmark on Dropbox's icon in your menubar on your Mac, this means that the Dropbox is running and up to date. After that, go to 1Password on your iPhone and then to Settings > Sync > Dropbox Sync > Account > Reset. Set up the Dropbox sync again and make sure it remembers the master password, this way it'll sync automatically for you.

I hope this helps.
  • Hi.

I resat my iPhone and it worked...
    Thanks anyway!

But now I wanted to install 1Password PRO at my iPad. But when it asks me to sync I can just sync over firewire, not dropbox...
    Shall I choose firewire or new masterpassword?
  • bpjones
    bpjones
    Community Member
    I'm using 1password pro on my iPhone and have a related issue with automatic sync being disabled.

Background:
    - i started with a clean install of 1pasword pro on my iPhone 4.

- go to enable dropbox sync and type in master password, then choose to save the password. Password never works in this screen!

- go back and click my dropbox email which takes me to a *different* screen with no save password option (only a display password option which unmasks it). I type in the password here (same one i used above) then click go on the keyboard and it works.

The trouble is, the password doesn't stick between app restarts.

There seems to be an issue on the page containing the save password link, which doesn't work for me.
  • khad
    khad
    1Password Alumni
    edited September 2011
    Welcome to the forums, bpjones. Have you already followed Mike's instructions in his post above? I would advise resetting Dropbox syncing in 1Password on your iPhone. During the course of Dropbox setup, there are a few different passwords that you will need to enter. These include (1) your Master Password for 1Password on your iPhone, (2) your Dropbox password, and (3) Master Password on your Mac or PC. None of these have to be the same and they often are not. It all depends on what passwords you chose when setting up each one.

It sounds like you may not have been entering the correct passwords during the first setup and resetting the syncing will allow you to start over and set up Dropbox syncing fresh. This includes toggle the "Remember" master password for iPhone to ON (step 5 of the aforelinked setup guide):

SyncingUnlockMP.png

I hope that helps. Please let me know.

Cheers,
  • bpjones
    bpjones
    Community Member
    Worked perfectly khad! Thanks!
This discussion has been closed.