App does not update database in background

qzmarco
qzmarco
Community Member

Does not the app automatically update the password base in the background?

I registered a new login on the web earlier today, and when I searched for this login in the app, the password auto-complete screen did not include login. I had to manually enter the app so that it syncs the database, so only after that I can search the login created previously.

1Password Version: 6.8
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Android 7.0
Sync Type: 1Password Account

Comments

• qzmarco
    qzmarco
    Community Member

Anyone can anwser this?

• Gregs
    Gregs
    Community Member

This is the same behaviour as the previous app. I wish however that it was improved and it synched in the background on a regular basis somehow (schedule is ok for me).

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni

Indeed, 1Password doesn't run constantly in the background, so it won't be until you open the app that it can sync. If a sync is in progress and you switch away from it, 1Password can try to finish in the background; but it won't run indefinitely, as that would be a huge resource drain over time.

• Gregs
    Gregs
    Community Member

Could there be possibly an option for a scheduled sync running as a service? I normally only sync my local vault daily at 4am, so for me I could just set it to 5am, and I'm set. In cases where I urgently need an update (rarely) I could do what I do now on a regular basis - that's manually starting the 1password app.

Or another method is to have a background service check for timestamp changes on the files in the vault when 1password is invoked via autofill or the keyboard, and start the sync immediately if there were changes, with a notification of some kind.

I'm not sure if that would have any implications on the security however.

• I can't make any promises, but I'll certainly pass your suggestion on to the team, @Gregs. Thanks!

• Gregs
    Gregs
    Community Member

Thanks @peri !

• No problem!

This discussion has been closed.