lost half of my password logins

Options
RLBinAZ
RLBinAZ
Community Member

Just opened 1Password on my iPhone and over half of my login passwords stored previously are missing. It's this way on all of mine and wife's iOS devices. I just checked and my iMac desktop is still ok. I immediately went into settings and stopped all syncing with Dropbox. How should I proceed with getting all of my logins back into our iOS devices without losing what is now my only copy of all of my information?

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Sync Type: Not Provided
Referrer: forum-search:lost half of my password logins

Comments

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni
    Options

@RLBinAZ: 1Password doesn't delete its own data, so something else is going on. Unfortunately without the basic information you've omitted from your post it's hard to say what might be going wrong and how we might right it! Please tell me the OS, 1Password, and device versions you're using, the exact steps you're taking, and what is (or is not) happening the way you expect so we can figure out the best plan of action:

Find your version

The more information you can give, the better. For instance, are there specific items that you're actually missing on your unnamed iOS devices, or are you going by a numerical count or something? What vault format are you using? To be clear, Dropbox will also sync file deletion, so if something is being trashed on one of your devices, that change will sync to the others through Dropbox. Do you have a complete copy of your data on a particular device? Thanks in advance!

• RLBinAZ
    RLBinAZ
    Community Member
    Options

I just switched over to the Family Plan of 1Password 7 about a week ago. Using it on both our iPhones 8 with latest iOS and both our iPads with same iOS. Also installed on my MacBook laptop with lates OS. Everything was going along fine using Dropbox as I previously did to snyc all devices. Went to get a login password off my phone yesterday and saw that over half of them were missing. Not just the count but actually missing from my list. Immediately checked our other iPhone and the iPads and they too were missing the same information.
    Went to my iMac and all the passwords were there so immediately stopped all sync services. The iMac is still ok today. Got the idea to check the Macbook, it too was ok so I thought change the sync service on it to iCloud and then do the same for my iPhone. Synced them both with iCloud and all that did was delete the passwords from my Macbook to the same depleted list that was on my iPhone.
    So that's where I stand as of now. I NEVER had any issue with 1Password until I upgraded to Version 7 and got the Family plan. Also NEVER had an issue with using Dropbox for syncing all my computers and devices. I'm at a total loss as to how this happened and don't know how to get my correct list back into my iPhones, iPads and Macbook.
    As of right now I am NOT a happy customer with 1Password for the first time since it came out!

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni
    edited July 2018
    Options

@RLBinAZ: I'm sorry to hear that. But I'm even more confused now. Are you using a 1Password.com account, iCloud, or Dropbox? We don't have any control over 3rd party sync services, and neither does 1Password; but even in that case we can at least point you in the right direction. Can you please answer these fundamental questions so we can help you?

1. What are the OS, 1Password, and device versions you're using?
    2. What are the exact steps you've taken?
    3. Are there specific items that you're actually missing on your unnamed iOS devices, or are you going by a numerical count or something else?
    4. What vault format are you using?
    5. Do you have a complete copy of your data on a particular device?

Thanks!

ref: GLM-11576-886

This discussion has been closed.