Mini on iPad will not fill

I have iOS 11.4 installed on my iPad Air-- with 1PW 7 installed--I go to TripAdvisor app and main sign in page comes up--I select 1PW "key" icon in menu bar and list comes up with my TripAdvisor.com acct as it is in all my vaults on MBPro and iMac21 and iPhone5E---when I select it nothing happens--next idea, please?--Hank

1Password Version: 7
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: iOS 11.4
Sync Type: iCloud

Comments

• littlebobbytables
    littlebobbytables
    1Password Alumni

Hello @TripleHjr,

1Password for iOS has a particular weakness when compared to either Mac or Windows. On the latter we have no problem safely interacting with frames in a page (a way of loading a page inside a page, invisible to the user) but with the former, iOS, we currently only have the ability to interact with the main document, the one directly loaded by the URL in the address bar. If a site uses a frame, most commonly an iframe, to load the sign-in form then essentially 1Password for iOS cannot see the form to fill it. TripAdvisor use such a technique and that is why it fails to fill on iOS.

The following link

https://www.tripadvisor.co.uk/RegistrationController?flow=CORE_COMBINED&pid=427&requireSecure=false&forceDesktop=false&hideNavigation=true&flowOrigin=login

seems to be a direct link to the sign-in page and so allows the sign-in form to be loaded without it being encompassed in an iframe. You might need to tweak the TLD depending on what country you're based in but do you find that URL works and allows you to log in?

• TripleHjr
    TripleHjr
    Community Member

I'm not sure I know what a TLD is---is that the URL I have in the Login entry in 1PW?---I'm communicating with you via my iMac21 in MacOS so cuz it's so hard to use iPad/iOS to use this Forum--I need to copy what you gave me to get to the right frame on the iPad---

• littlebobbytables
    littlebobbytables
    1Password Alumni

Greetings @TripleHjr,

Sorry, the TLD is the country specific bit i.e. co.uk, com, de and so on at the end of the FQDN (Fully Qualified Domain Name).

If it makes it easier you can perform all of your editing and the initial testing on your Mac. If you can successfully use that URL or a slightly modified one based on your country on the Mac it's likely to work on the iPad as well. I prefer to perform all of my editing in 1Password for Mac, I just find it easier even though I technically could do the same on an iOS device.

This discussion has been closed.