Why does 1P7 keep asking me to save items from a shared vault into my personal vault?

I've had to turn off the preference to ask to save (which I liked) because it keeps asking me to save things to my personal vault.

I think this is more likely to happen when I've named the entry in a way that's different from how 1P would do it.

Why?

1Password Version: 7.0.4
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: macOS High Sierra 10.13.2
Sync Type: Not Provided
Referrer: forum-search:Too much autosaving

Comments

• littlebobbytables
    littlebobbytables
    1Password Alumni

Hi @whitneyq,

The only reason I'm aware of that would have 1Password prompt is when it finds the combination of a particular password and the registered domain don't already exist in any of your vaults. The title of the item isn't a factor, just the registered domain. What do you have stored as the website field in the Login item that 1Password seems to be ignoring and how does that compare to the URL on the page where 1Password is prompting?

• whitneyq
    whitneyq
    Community Member

That makes sense. Many sites have several places where I might log in - and some have recently changed their sign in process.

• whitneyq
    whitneyq
    Community Member

Next question: if I try to use "open and fill" and I don't have Chrome open, it doesn't work and I have to manually open it. This used to work. What's changed?

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni

@whitneyq: Do you have Chrome set as the default browser on your system? It should be as simple as that, but certainly it's possible that something is going wrong with the URL handling either in the OS or browser. changing it and then changing it back may help.

• whitneyq
    whitneyq
    Community Member

That makes sense. Many sites have several places where I might log in.

• whitneyq
    whitneyq
    Community Member

And yes, Chrome is my default browser.

• littlebobbytables
    littlebobbytables
    1Password Alumni

Hello @whitneyq,

1Password should be launching the default browser when you initiate open-and-fill and the default browser isn't available. Now there is a bug in 1Password 7 that we need to fix but that's specifically if the default browser is running but doesn't have an active window. Is it that we've misunderstood what you mean by "don't have Chrome open" and we instead took it to mean Chrome wasn't running at all?

• whitneyq
    whitneyq
    Community Member

That is exactly what I'm seeing:

Chrome is the default browser
    Chrome is running
    Chrome does not have an active window.

Looks like it's your bug.

• littlebobbytables
    littlebobbytables
    1Password Alumni
    edited June 2018

Hi @whitneyq,

So it is one we're aware of and understand it needs to be fixed. Until we get it sorted it will mean ensuring Chrome has an active window. Sorry about that.

ref: apple-1113

This discussion has been closed.