1Password Teams Account - Private account private?

insite
insite
Community Member

Hi,

We have just setup a teams account at work as we used to use the standalone versions of 1P6.

I am down as an administrator i think, but i wanted to know, is my own team private vault private to me only? I have nothing to hide but like to be in control of my own passwords. If i put my passwords in this can other admins or the owner of the account gain access to my account in any way?

And when adding an additional vault, there is a checkbox saying allow administrators to manage this vault. what does this let them do? Do i leave this unchecked?

I know you can buy business and then get a free private account, but this hasn't been setup like this. Looking to keep a few of my personal passwords stored in the private vault with no access for any other.

Thank you! :)

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Sync Type: Not Provided

Comments

• Hi @insite,

The Private vault is inaccessible to anyone who does not have the Secret Key and Master Password for the account that vault is associated with. That said, if you use your work email for your 1Password account, and someone else (i.e. corporate IT) can manipulate where emails sent to that address are directed, or otherwise access those emails... they may be able to gain access. As such we don’t recommend storing non-work related items in a membership paid for by a company. This is one of the advantages of business accounts — as you mentioned, a 1Password Families membership is included for each team member.

I hope that helps!

Ben

This discussion has been closed.