One Time Password feature requests

vsxe
vsxe
Community Member

Hi, I hope thats the correct sub-forum. If not please delete or move to the correct one.

I have two "issues" with the One-Time-Passwords on iOS (and macOS)

1. It would be great if I would have an option to hide the pop-up window that a OTP was copied to my clipboard. I know which websites are using 2FA, so I do not need that information every time I log in. Especially when the browser is already trusted and it no longer asks for a OTP it is sometimes just annoying to see that pop-up.

2. Sometimes I run into the scenario, that a OTP gets copied to my clipboard, I paste it in, and it then says, it is not correct, because in the meantime already a new one was created. Is there any way, that 1Password detects OTP which are only active for another 2-3 seconds before they expire and it will automatically copy the next one, or delays the input of the general login until there is enough time to get a new one which lasts for at least 5-10 seconds?

Thanks in advance!

1Password Version: 7.0.6
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: iOS 12 beta
Sync Type: Not Provided

Comments

• Hi @vsxe,

Thanks for taking the time to write in with this feedback. We don’t currently have answers for either of these, but perhaps they are areas in which we can make improvements in the future. I know in the past I’ve been bitten by the OTP running out shortly after it being copied to the clipboard before. We’ll want to be sure to stay within the TOTP spec, but I’ll pass the suggestion along to the rest of the team and see if there is anything we can do. :)

Ben

• vsxe
    vsxe
    Community Member

Hi Ben,

Thanks for the reply. I don‘t know if thats possible, but can you change the way how OTP gets triggered with like: only when clicking into an OTP field 1P automatically detects that and copies the OTP to the clipboard and you can immediately paste it into the field?

• At least on iOS we can only do things while the 1Password extension is open. Before it opens and after it closes we don’t have any information. Without changes to the way extensions work on iOS it wouldn’t be possible to do anything based on tapping on a field on a web form.

Ben

This discussion has been closed.