Why is the Webos thread locked? Bout everything agile so far, but why?

mAcElite
mAcElite
Community Member
edited September 2011 in Lounge
Hi

I'm confused, as I came back to post in the webos thread to ask anyone else if they had found an alternative to 1Password on webos and its locked?

I've bought every app from agile and they are great.

As they are great, I miss them on my Touchpad and Pre 3.

Not sure what is wrong in asking others for their support, or agile for suggestions of other apps that can fill the void until agile decides to develop something for us to use...

Kind regards
Paul.

Comments

• mAcElite
    mAcElite
    Community Member
    edited September 2011
    I can understand your point; but I would expect that from a company that knows its product is borderline or average, so it feels a threat from these other alternatives.

I have no intention of jumping ship, as I am very much with agile. Its an excellent product and my family and friends have started using it too.

I am just a little surprised that agile are not looking to help webos customers a little more, by helping link 1Password anywhere a little better into the webs workflow perhaps.

That way we could make do....

Just a little surprised and disappointed at the tuff and lock the thread view ... not really the can do attitude I've had from agile in the past ....
  • Ben
    Ben
    edited September 2011
    Hey mAcElite,

We certainly respect your opinion on the issue. We try to have the "can do" attitude as much as we can, but we're a small team and sometimes have to be realistic about spreading our resources too thin.

Right now our primary focus is on the browser extensions on the desktop platforms. Once the dust settles from that we can re-evaluate our direction for the future.

We don't like locking threads, but we like leaving customers hanging even less. The forums have gotten so busy lately that we are having trouble keeping up, and so we need to prioritize a bit.

Ben
  • mAcElite
    mAcElite
    Community Member
    Ok Ben, fair enough :)

Thanks
    Paul.
  • Thanks for understanding Paul.
  • LosInvalidos
    LosInvalidos
    Community Member
    So why not let WebOS customers discuss alternatives? If you are no longer in the WebOS business it won't hurt your company.

To get back to the comparison: It's like going to McDonalds and asking for the next BurgerKing because you want a coke with your burger but McDonalds no longer serves coke. Right?
  • khad
    khad
    1Password Alumni
    McDonald's no longer serves Coke? I haven't been there in probably a decade, so I guess that could be true. :lol:
  • LosInvalidos
    LosInvalidos
    Community Member
    Khad I don't want to fight, but I guess my comparison is valid (I didn't start this burger wars :P).
  • khad
    khad
    1Password Alumni
    I guess I should mention that I am a vegetarian. :-D
This discussion has been closed.