Migrate Data from an 1Password for Mac license into a new opened private account

Options
Andi_Lang
Andi_Lang
Community Member

I do have have a standalone 1Password for Mac licence AgileBits (fVersion 6.5.3), I bought an Android cell phone, downloaded the app from the play store and thought I have to open an account, which I did. I then tried to add this account to my standalone 1 Password for Mac, which didt work (error message: „could not receive an answer-code form the server, please try again“). How can I sync my content between my Macs and my Android cell phone? First of all, how can I migrate my data to the new account?

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Sync Type: Not Provided

Comments

• Andi_Lang
    Andi_Lang
    Community Member
    Options

1 Password Version Mac (Version 6.5.3) bought via Mac App Store
    Android 1 Password App downloaded via Play Store (this week)
    Opened one personal account (1password.com) (this week)
    OS Version: OS X El Capitan (Version 10.11.6)

• Andi_Lang
    Andi_Lang
    Community Member
    Options

Sync via iCloud

• Lars
    Lars
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Welcome to the forum, @Andi_Lang! Sorry for the trouble you're having just now getting upgraded. If you're using version 6.5.3, the first thing you should do is upgrade that to the current version of 1Password 6 for Mac -- 6.8.9. I'm not sure why you're not already on this version, as OS X should've been giving you update notifications. Is there a reason you haven't upgraded past 6.5.3 (which was released around Christmas time of 2016)? Once you've got yourself upgraded to the latest version, you can open Preferences > Accounts and click the plus button in the lower right-hand corner to add your newly-created 1password.com account into 1Password 6 for Mac. Here are specific instructions to both add your account, and migrate your data. Once you've done that, you should be all set, but let us know if you have any problems or questions! :)

• Andi_Lang
    Andi_Lang
    Community Member
    Options

Thank you very much for your help, it worked! :)

• Lars
    Lars
    1Password Alumni
    Options

@Andi_Lang - excellent news! Glad to hear it. :)

This discussion has been closed.