1Password Autostart/Helper not working

Options

Hi, unfortunatly 1password Helper is not starting and even in the settings menu it is not possible to switch autostart on (the switch is not working).
!
I've allready re-installed and looked into task manager/autostart but didn't find any clues there.
Thanks for getting back.
Roman

1Password Version: 7.1.567
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Windows 10
Sync Type: 1password

Comments

• Greg
    Greg
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi @rmn_msck,

Thank you for reporting this!

Are you by any chance running Sophos on your PC? There is a known issue with Sophos that prevents 1Password from updating your registry (user-level access, current user registry) in order to launch on Windows start.

If my hunch is correct, please try to whitelist 1Password in Sophos and that'll allow the auto-start to work. If you are using other AV/anti-malware software on your computer, please let me know. Thanks!

Cheers,
    Greg

• rmn_msck
    rmn_msck
    Community Member
    Options

Hi @Greg,
    thanks for the reply & yes, we have indeed Sophos running. As it's a corporate environment I'll see if the IT department makes exception and whitelists 1password. If not, any ideas when this might be resolved?
    Thanks & all the best,
    Roman

• Greg
    Greg
    1Password Alumni
    Options

@rmn_msck: We do not have any timeframes at the moment, unfortunately. Please let us know if you are able to resolve this issue with your IT department. Hopefully, they will agree to this reasonable request. :) Thanks!

++
    Greg

This discussion has been closed.