Request: Option to change default action for a given item

Options
lilyball
lilyball
Community Member

I'd love to be able to change the default action (in 1Password Mini) for a given item from "Open & Fill" to e.g. "Copy OTP Code". This would be for a single item, not globally.

The use-case here is I have a 1Password saved login for my company VPN. I need the OTP code every time I log into the VPN. The entry does have an associated URL but the URL doesn't matter. So every time I log into my VPN, I have to arrow into the item, arrow down to the OTP code, and then hit enter at that point to copy it. It would save me a lot of keystrokes if I could just hit enter on the item itself to copy the OTP code.

An alternative approach would be to define some modifier key to use with return (e.g. ⌥↩) that would copy the OTP code. Of course, with this approach then you might want a combination to copy the password (and maybe even one to copy the username, though having apps remember your username but require your password again is pretty common).

1Password Version: 7.0.4
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: macOS 10.13.5 (17F77)
Sync Type: Not Provided

Comments

• Lars
    Lars
    1Password Alumni
    Options

@kballard - thanks for the thoughtful request! You might want to try Shift‑Control‑Command‑C ⇧^⌘C. :) And for a full list of our keyboard commands (across platforms and including 1password.com), check out our support page for keyboard shortcuts.

• lilyball
    lilyball
    Community Member
    Options

Oh neat. Completely non-discoverable in 1Password Mini, but I guess in 1Password.app itself if I'm looking at the Edit menu I can see this.

I'd still like to be able to set the default action for these vault items that I use with apps instead of websites, but knowing the keyboard shortcuts will make things easier.

• Lars
    Lars
    1Password Alumni
    Options

@kballard - glad I could help. :) :+1:

This discussion has been closed.