Gitblit: Username not filled in

Options

We are using Gitblit 1.8.0 (http://gitblit.com) as Git web front end for our git server. The first time I connected and logged in, 1Password asked me to save the login, which I did. After that I was able to login, but 1Password did not show the username in the "Username" field, but had it saved as text field in the web form details only. The text field in the web form details only showed text, the username icon next to it was not visible.

After entering the username manually, 1Password was not able to log me in anymore as the username field on the log in page stays empty. I could see that 1Password had added another field to the web form details, which showed the username icon. Still I wasn't able to log in. I tried to edit the web form details manually, but to no avail. Only by deleting the entry and recreating it, I was able to log in through 1Password again.

Is this a known bug?

1Password Version: 7.0.4
Extension Version: 4.7.1
OS Version: macOS 10.13.5
Sync Type: Agile Bits
Referrer: forum-search:Gitblit

Comments

• littlebobbytables
    littlebobbytables
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi @Arno Gramatke,

It's not so much a bug but a result of how 1Password works. One very particular strategy, one it seems you need to be used for proper filling, requires that the page matches the web form details, a bit like matching fingerprints. When you manually added a username it altered the web form details and thus impacted whether this particular filling strategy could be used.

As you noted, it wasn't that 1Password didn't save the username, what it didn't get write was flagging the right field as representing the username. Here is what I recommend.

1. Manually save a new Login item using the steps detailed on our support page How to save a Login manually in your browser.
    2. Edit the new Login item and click the View Saved Form Details button.
    3. Note the column where the password should have a silhouette of a key. In the respective area of the field that contains your username click and select the silhouette of the person.
    4. Save.

What this does is rather than add a completely new field to the item, it manually corrects what 1Password got wrong and flags the right field as being the username. As the fingerprint hasn't changed you should now find it fills both fields correctly. If you have any trouble getting it to work though please let me know.

• Arno Gramatke
    Arno Gramatke
    Community Member
    Options

Hi @littlebobbytables,

thanks for your reply. Unfortunately this doesn't work. When I follow the guidelines from the support page, the same happens as outlined in my first post. 1Password saves the username in the Saved Webform details (without the person silhouette), but the username field (or "Benutzername" as I use the German version) in the regular username/password are at the top is not filled in. Only the password is filled in correctly. So it looks like 1Password recognizes that something should be filled in in the web form, but doesn't recognize it as being the username.

Arno

• littlebobbytables
    littlebobbytables
    1Password Alumni
    edited June 2018
    Options

Hi @Arno Gramatke,

I think I need to learn a bit more about this page but to do that we'll need to talk in detail. I'll email you using the address you've used to register in our forum.

ref: GKU-29631-436

This discussion has been closed.