BUG: Right-click interaction with Browser Extension requires two clicks

Options

When logging into a web page that requires a TOTP token or additional information other than the username/password, there are two mechanisms for copying this data.
1) Open the desktop app or taskbar icon
2) Open the browser extension

If I open the browser extension and right click the storied 1Password entry, and that entry requires me to hover over an entry to reach an additional menu, the first attempt to pass the mouse over to the menu always fails the first time. If I right click the entry a second time, it always me to hover the mouse over the sub menu without it closing the menu.

It is a small but annoying UI glitch that probably doesn't effect many people, but I encounter it at least once a day.

Right clicking twice always causes the menu/sub-menu to work as expected when hovering the mouse over them to select the desired information to copy.

1Password Version: 7.1.567
Extension Version: 4.7.14
OS Version: Windows 10 Pro/Enterprise
Sync Type: Teams

Comments

• MikeT
    Options

Hi @DariusR,

Thanks for reporting this.

TOTP token

If you want to skip a few steps for filling your TOTP token, 1Password has a feature to automatically copy the token after you fill, so you just have to paste it in with Control + V. You can turn it on here in the main 1Password app's Settings > Browsers.

If I open the browser extension and right click the storied 1Password entry, and that entry requires me to hover over an entry to reach an additional menu, the first attempt to pass the mouse over to the menu always fails the first time

Does it matter if you bring up 1Password mini using the keyboard shortcut, Control + \ or it behaves the same way as clicking on 1Password icon in your browser? I'm not seeing this behavior here.

Also, does it appear to happen more often if 1Password mini was locked first?

This discussion has been closed.