1Password Search Bug

Options
drro
drro
Community Member

Is anyone else experiencing search bugs in 1Password for iOS? Often, searching for a specific site yields no result or wrong sites. Cancelling back to the list of logins gets me to a scrolling list where I can find the correct site. I’ve been seeing this for about a month.

Comments

• Ben
    Options

Yes, unfortunately. It has been an incredibly difficult problem to track down, but our development team is aware of it. I just spoke with the team again today about it. We’re hoping to have this fixed soon.

Ben

• wolfram_palmer
    wolfram_palmer
    Community Member
    Options

I think it's getting worse. In the past time it helped for me to kill 1Password and start it again on the iPhone. Now I get the correct results after this but I can't click on them.
    1Password on iOS ist useless in the moment. Need my passwords many times a day, I exported them to an encrypted Excel sheet for better handling.
    For a monthly paid app, this is ... sad.

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni
    Options

I'm sorry for the inconvenience, but even with that challenge 1Password is a more secure option than a spreadsheet; hardly useless. But we'll get this sorted.

• baumeister
    baumeister
    Community Member
    edited June 2018
    Options

Same problem for me. It happens when using „Search“ under „Categories“, but only on the top level (i. e. when no category is selected). Searching in Categories\All Items is fine.

• Ben
    Options

I’ve been testing this with the latest beta of 1Password for iOS, and it appears we’ve got it fixed there. Hopefully we can get that update out in a stable release soon.

Ben

• baumeister
    baumeister
    Community Member
    Options

Thanks Ben, that is good news.

• Ben
    Options

You’re welcome. Will be very happy to see it fixed myself. :)

Ben

• daveu
    daveu
    Community Member
    Options

Adding to this, I'm very much looking forward to the release version with this fix. It's been driving me mad! :'(

• Ben
    Options

:+1:

Ben

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni
    Options

If it helps, the beta does appear to fix this for me as well. Hopefully all will go well and we'll have an update for everyone before long. :)

This discussion has been closed.