How to uninstall in a locked down environment?

Options

At work I have a shared Win 7 PC and in a fit of enthusiasm I decided to install 1P on the machine and then had the idea that in a shared environment this might not be a good idea and this was confirmed by help on this forum. I then went to uninstall the app and have found that the add/remove programs part of the control panel is not available to normal users (non-admin) like me and so there seems to be no way to uninstall the app. This is an issue as every time the machine starts up it asks for the proxy password to let 1P through. This may be very annoying to other users of the machine.

How can I uninstall 1P from this machine without access to the add/remove programs page?

Thanks for any help.

Kevin

1Password Version: 7
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Win 7
Sync Type: Not Provided

Comments

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni
    Options

@KevinS: Ohh great question! I don't think it's come up before, but if you enter the following in the address bar of Windows File Explorer — %LOCALAPPDATA% — and then navigate to l\1password\app\7\ from there, you should find an unins000 executable. Run that and you should be good to go. :)

• KevinS
    KevinS
    Community Member
    Options

I'm glad I found something new for you! I'm primarily a Mac guy but at work I get what I'm given!

Thank you, I'll give that a try on Friday when I'm back in that office. I'll let you know how it goes.

• MikeT
    Options

On behalf of Brenty, you're welcome. We'll hope to hear great news on Friday. :)

• KevinS
    KevinS
    Community Member
    Options

Hi Guys,

The suggested method worked beautifully. Thanks for your help.

• MikeT
    Options

That's wonderful to hear and you're welcome on behalf of the team.

Have a great weekend!

This discussion has been closed.