Is it time for a Watchtower Forum?

Options
rlh
rlh
Community Member

Given that with 2.0, Watchtower now has a "life of its own" (I'm looking forward to continuous improvements) and it is fairly platform agnostic, does it make sense to have a dedicated forum for that "product"?

It seems that would increase Watchtower's visibility in 1Password, generate good discussions on best use practices, and allow the community to request/discuss new features.

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Sync Type: Not Provided

Comments

• Ben
    Options

Hi @rlh,

Thanks for the suggestion. At this point I’m not sure we have enough threads on Watchtower related subjects to justify having a category dedicated to it. I think it is worth evaluating what categories we have and seeing if there are ways we can better direct folks to the appropriate place. Right now I’m not sure there is an ideal spot for Watchtower questions.

Ben

• wkleem
    wkleem
    Community Member
    Options

I am uncertain if a separate Watchtower category is necessary. Mainly because Watchtower 2.0 is Subscription based? It is different from the old Watchtower which was for the standalone 1Password versions.

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni
    Options

While you won't have access to the 1Password.com web interface without a membership, Watchtower is built into the native apps and is still usable by folks purchasing those. :)

• wkleem
    wkleem
    Community Member
    Options

@brenty,

Only for the latest versions of 1Password for Windows, v7 and MAC (v7). it is a mixture of old and new for me right now.

• Ben
    Options

True, it is a feature that was introduced in v7.

Ben

• wkleem
    wkleem
    Community Member
    Options

I have an unsolvable issue wrt Watchtower and haveibewnpwned. Adidas has deprecated micoach as they some years ago purchased Runtastic. Watchtower shows a breach in micoach but micoach now redirects to Runtastic. I made the move 1 year ago and micoach is due to shut down in Dec 2018. I cannot get into micoach now. I am ignoring micoach in Watchtower.

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni
    Options

@wkleem: I don't have a solution for you right now, but I appreciate you giving this (very timely) example. I've shared this with the team. We need to add a way to be able to opt-out of these when nothing can be done about them. Thank you!

ref: apple-1297

This discussion has been closed.