Signed up for family account. Having trouble importing old data.

Options
makismagoo99
makismagoo99
Community Member

I signed up for 1password Families, then downloaded 1password 7 and signed in. I was never presented with the option to import old data (I was syncing with Dropbox previously). I tried File>Import>1Password Keychain and I get an error and only some of the data comes over. I tried again and it brought all the same data over and errored out. So I now have a ton of duplicate information. I would just wipe it all clean but the new installation created a few entries that I assume I don't want to lose. What do I do?

Please help me import all my previous data and get rid of the duplicate data.

1Password Version: 7.0.5
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: OS X 10.13.5
Sync Type: Not Provided

Comments

• makismagoo99
    makismagoo99
    Community Member
    Options

Update: I found out I could isolate the imported items by their tag "1Password Keychain Import". But I still get the import error when I try to import.

• makismagoo99
    makismagoo99
    Community Member
    Options

Found a workaround: Signed in on my iPhone and used the Move option to move items from my old vault to my new one. Hope this helps someone else in the future.

To the 1Password staff, I still love this app, but I lost a little bit today. That was not the smooth transition to the account service I anticipated. Hopefully it will be smoother sailing from here on out.

• Lars
    Lars
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Welcome to the forum, @makismagoo99! I'm sorry to hear about the trouble getting upgraded to 1Password 7 for Mac and converted from standalone to a 1Password Families account. It sounds (off the cuff, without taking a closer look) as if something in your Agile Keychain was corrupted, and that caused the import to fail at that point. I've seen a couple of these previously, but they're rare. I'm very glad to hear you were, ah, agile enough to figure out a workaround before we even got to answer your post. The important thing here is that you've got all your previous data, safe and sound within 1Password 7 on all devices, in your new 1Password Families account. If that's the case, then I feel a little guilty since I didn't have to, you know, actually DO anything...but I'm glad you got it sorted. Let us know if you have any further difficulties or questions. Cheers! :)

This discussion has been closed.