Sync Issue

hewitj26
hewitj26
Community Member

I am having issues with my sync on a new phone. Old phone is synced to DropBox and is signed in with a status of "subscribed". Online account does not show any accounts . Old phone passwords are synced to iPad. Old phone shows sync options. New phone is logged in with same account, but no passwords are syncing down. New passwords sync to old phone. No sync settings show up, but new phone is logged in with 1password account (same as old phone). I've tried using both iCloud and DropBox on old phone with no improvement. DropBox file is synced on new phone in the DropBox app. Old phone shows a "Primary" vault where all passwords are held. Old phone has 2 personal vaults created (Primary and Personal), but only the Personal vault has any IDs in it and that one is only from new Phone sync. Help!

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Sync Type: DropBox

Comments

• hewitj26
    hewitj26
    Community Member

Is there a phone number I can call for support?

1Password Version: Not Provided
    Extension Version: Not Provided
    OS Version: Not Provided
    Sync Type: Not Provided

• Hi @hewitj26

There is not. Unfortunately we aren’t in a position to offer telephone support. We’re happy to help here, in this public forum, or if you have a more sensitive question via email (support@1password.com). Thanks.

Ben

• hewitj26
    hewitj26
    Community Member

Nope, I'm just waiting on a response on a question I had about why my new phone does not have the sync option and is not pulling down my synced passwords. It will sync up and to my other devices with a new account, but the existing ones are not pulling down. I've tried both the DropBox and iCloud options on the old phone to no avail. I am "subscribed" on the old phone as well, but my web based version of the product does not show any records.

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni

@hewitj26: What was your question?

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni

@hewitj26: I've merged your separate posts into a single discussion to avoid confusion while we focus on your issues.

I am having issues with my sync on a new phone. Old phone is synced to DropBox and is signed in with a status of "subscribed".

To clarify, Dropbox isn't associated with a 1Password.com account. Any local vaults you sync there will be completely separate from 1Password.com. I think that may be the source of the trouble you're having.

Online account does not show any accounts . Old phone passwords are synced to iPad. Old phone shows sync options. New phone is logged in with same account, but no passwords are syncing down. New passwords sync to old phone.

It sounds like you haven't saved anything to your 1Password.com account, and all of your data is in a local vault sync'd with Dropbox.

No sync settings show up, but new phone is logged in with 1password account (same as old phone). I've tried using both iCloud and DropBox on old phone with no improvement. DropBox file is synced on new phone in the DropBox app. Old phone shows a "Primary" vault where all passwords are held. Old phone has 2 personal vaults created (Primary and Personal), but only the Personal vault has any IDs in it and that one is only from new Phone sync. Help!

The Primary vault is a local vault. This won't sync with 1Password.com. Do you have all of your data in the Primary vault on one of your devices? If so, please follow the instructions in this guide to migrate your data into your 1Password.com account from there, and setup your other devices (also covered at the end):

Move your existing 1Password data to a 1Password account

If you have any question about the process, please let us know where you're getting stuck so we can help! :)

This discussion has been closed.