My 1Password extension has an unhappy knack of freezing.

Options
elizabay
elizabay
Community Member

I have been unable to determine the immediate cause of the freezing. But the frozen 1Password image stays uppermost on the screen. Nothing I have tried will unfreeze it or cause the image to disappear. Passage of time does not appear to help either. Other than shutting down the computer. Force quit on the Apple menu does not help. Grateful your help. Cheers, Peter

1Password Version: 6.8 (680014)
Extension Version: 4.7.1
OS Version: macOS High Sierra 10.13.4
Sync Type: Bluetooth
Referrer: forum-search:freezing

Comments

• rudy
    Options

@elizabay,

If you're actually running 6.8(680014) then you're 9 releases behind on your 1Password updates. As it seems you're using the Mac App Store build you're going to need to drag it to the trash in order to be able to have the App Store's purchase tab to allow you to download 1Password 6.8.9. I would start there as there were a lot of changes between 6.8 and 6.8.9.

• elizabay
    elizabay
    Community Member
    Options

Thanks Rudy. Will check it out. Cheers.

• elizabay
    elizabay
    Community Member
    Options

The 1Password version in the App Store is 7, not 6.8.9. Is this correct? If I download 7, will my data integrate with it?

This is all pretty strange because I believe I have downloaded all updates along the way. Cheers, P

• Lars
    Lars
    1Password Alumni
    Options

@elizabay - the newest version of 1Password is indeed 1Password 7 for Mac...however, it is a new purchase. I'd certainly recommend it, but if you want to stick with the 1Password 6 universe, you should visit the Mac App Store on your Mac and go to the "Purchased" tab. There, you'll be able to update/install the newest version (6.8.9) of 1Password 6 for Mac. And yes, your data will work just fine in this update. :) Let us know if you have any difficulties.

• elizabay
    elizabay
    Community Member
    Options

Thanks Lars. Have just done the version downloads to 6.8.9 and things appear to be working well. Cheers.

• rudy
    Options

@elizabay,

That's great to hear, let us know if you need anything else.

This discussion has been closed.