2 minor issues with 1Password 7 standalone

variia
variia
Community Member

Hi,

MacBook Pro (15-inch, 2016)
macOS 10.13.5
1Password 7.0.4 standalone

1) lots of websites (what we use) don't have image or have poor/unrelated one and we often use custom to provide better visual guidance. Since upgraded to 7.0.4, the custom image is either not shown, or some poor image is shown which is pulled from the site. It is not the end of the World but regression as far as I am concerned and I though I should report it.

Funny enough, if I open a page at question and click on the 1Password-mini, it does show the correct image, but the main app does not. :|

2) I found some old entires here regarding this but it keeps occurring now randomly for me again and not sure if it is release related. I never had it on 1Password 6. Basically, for some reason the main app sometimes loses position and size and just opens in a small default window. I resize it, reposition it then close it. It may keep it for some time then it resets again. I found it so annoying, that I did not reset last time as I just wanted to pull some detail then closed the app. Next time, it opened with correct size and position. Not sure what is going on with this but can drive me nuts at times ;)

Thanks,
Ivan

1Password Version: 7.0.4
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: 10.13.5
Sync Type: Dropbox

Comments

• JadC
    JadC
    1Password Alumni

Hi @variia, welcome to the forum! We are happy to help.

Before we begin diagnosing further, do you think you can upgrade to 1Password for Mac 7.0.7 and let me know if these problems are still occurring?

• variia
    variia
    Community Member

Hi @JadC ,

Thanks for the hint!

I have just updated to 7.0.7 and custom image reverts to the one available on the website as soon as I save the entry. :|

The window resize was intermittent so I need few more days to confirm that but after the update, the window opened correctly so fingers crossed.

Thanks,
    Ivan

• JadC
    JadC
    1Password Alumni
    edited July 2018

Hi @variia, it seems that the problem you are having with custom icons is a known issue, and we have an internal issue filed for it. Does the custom icon still show up on 1Password for iOS, Windows, or Android (if you use anything other than 1Password for Mac)?

ref: apple-1161

• variia
    variia
    Community Member

Hi @JadC, great, thanks. Yes, all the icons are correct on iOS!

• JadC
    JadC
    1Password Alumni
    edited July 2018

Ok @variia thanks for confirming! We can now isolate this problem to 1Password 7 for Mac. Hopefully we can get this fixed soon.

• variia
    variia
    Community Member

Superb support! as always :)

• JadC
    JadC
    1Password Alumni

Thanks for the complement @variia! We are always happy to help!

This discussion has been closed.