1Password Tag migration

Options
This discussion was created from comments split from: Tag for multiple entries in one shot [Planned].

Comments

• aurorob
    aurorob
    Community Member
    Options

The migration has been messy. First it adds an import tag and then my old tags that used to have a "/" character in them has suddenly created sub tags that I can't change. It's a disaster. Please help.

• MikeT
    edited July 2018
    Options

Hi @aurorob,

Thanks for writing in.

Both are intentional;

1. We let you undo the import by tagging all of the items that with the original import without touching the rest of your 1Password data
    2. We now support nested tags, it uses / as the separator.

In a future update, you'll be able to delete the import tag and rename tags, so that you can switch from a/b to a_b if you want to avoid the nesting.

For now, if you select the nested tag a/b and view all items tagged with it, you can select them all (Control + A) or right-click to Select All, right-click on them to use the Tag submenu to add the new tag (without using the /) and then click on the original nested tag to remove it. You can also do this to remove the import tag.

• aurorob
    aurorob
    Community Member
    Options

When I select items in the nested tag and right click I do not have a tag option. I am on macOS.

• MikeT
    Options

Hi @aurorob,

I'll move you to the macOS forum, so our Mac team can help you there.

• aurorob
    aurorob
    Community Member
    Options

Understood. Sorry I didn't know they were separate.

• MrRooni
    Options

Hi there @aurorob. In 1Password 7 for Mac it's a little different.

1. Start by editing one of your items and adding your desired tag to it.
    2. Save that item.
    3. Select all the items you want to have that tag.
    4. Drag and drop them onto the tag in the sidebar.

Here's a quick screen recording I made to show it in action: http://com-agilebits-users.s3.amazonaws.com/mrrooni/Multi-Tagging.mov

This discussion has been closed.