Transfer vault file from Macbook to Android tablet

rasan
rasan
Community Member

I am using 1Password 6 on a Macbook. I have a license and I do not have any cloud/subscription services (Dropbox, etc.) linked to my account. I am trying to transfer all of my passwords to a Galaxy tablet (so, Android). I downloaded the 1Password app for Android. The options for setting up my Android account are: 1Password.com, Dropbox, WLAN server, and Local storage. I want to use the Local storage option.

So I opened up the 1Password Application on my Macbook and went to Preferences -> Sync. I Synced my vault to a folder on my desktop, and then moved that folder to the internal storage of my Android tablet. Then, in the 1Password app on my tablet, I chose the "Local storage" option. However when I selected the folder with my 1Password vault, I was told that the vault was not found!

This is very frustrating, please help.

1Password Version: 6.8.7
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: OSX 10.13.3
Sync Type: none
Referrer: forum-search:transfer vault from macbook to android tablet

Comments

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni

@rasan: Are you using an OPVault? If so, 1Password for Android version 6 does not support that for local storage. It's something we're adding in version 7, currently in beta. You're welcome to participate in the beta, or simply wait until the final release is available to everyone. I hope this helps. Be sure to let me know if you have any other questions! :)

• rasan
    rasan
    Community Member

I got it to work! Thank you!

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni

Awesome! Thanks for the update. It sounds like you should be all set, but we're here if you need us. :chuffed:

This discussion has been closed.