Trouble Logging Into Website from PC using 1PasswordAnywhere

Hello. Just started using 1Password and Dropbox. Upload the Agilekey to Dropbox and everything went great. Set everything up my Macbook Pro, set up my username password accounts which 1Password set and was able to log in fine from my Macbook Pro.

Went to my PC, logged into Dropbox, clicked on the Agilekeychain, logged into 1Password, entered my user name manually, then pasted the 1Password generated password into the website (after clicking reveal), it doesn't log me in. If I go back to the Macbook pro computer where 1password is installed, I'm able to log in.

Can someone tell me what I'm doing wrong?

Thanks.

Mixednuts(sweat).

Comments

• MikeT
    edited December 1969
    Have you try to backspace once after pasting? I noticed often that when people copy something, they don't notice that they also selected a space after the word, so the paste also contained this invisible character.

Do this, when copying the password from the keychain, paste it into notepad and see if there's anything different from notepad and the one revealed in 1Password.
  • mixednuts
    edited December 1969
    Tried that. There was no extra space there. Still failed.
  • MikeT
    edited December 1969
    What about the notepad, do you see anything different?
  • mixednuts
    edited December 1969
    The passwords I pasted in notepad and in 1password are the same. Verified the username as well. Any other thoughts?
  • MikeT
    edited December 1969
    Is the agile keychain on Dropbox up to date with your 1PW client? Did you check if the password on Mac is exactly the same (I don't know if you referring to 1P on Mac or keychain in the last post)?
  • mixednuts
    edited December 1969
    OK. Copied and pasted the password from the agilekeychain on the Mac and noticed that there was an extra character there that was NOT in the agilekeychain on Dropbox. I added that extra character and it worked. Any thoughts on why 1password anywhere would omit that character?
  • mixednuts
    edited December 1969
    I was just thinking, if I didn't have my mac with me, there's no way I would've been able to guess that last missing character.
  • MikeT
    edited December 1969
    Sorry I didn't get back to you faster, the agile keychain, how is it setup with dropbox? Did you move the agile keychain to the dropbox folder or did you copy it to the dropbox? Was the password generated and saved by 1P or did you copy and paste it somewhere?
  • MartyS
    MartyS
    Community Member
    edited December 1969
    mixednuts wrote:
    OK. Copied and pasted the password from the agilekeychain on the Mac and noticed that there was an extra character there that was NOT in the agilekeychain on Dropbox. I added that extra character and it worked. Any thoughts on why 1password anywhere would omit that character?

So you're saying that the 1PasswordAnywhere web page had a password value shown that wasn't the full length as it should be? Do you see that on any other logins in your data? Please let us know the status so we can look into this fully if needed.
This discussion has been closed.