Website Logins not all working

egoham
egoham
Community Member
edited April 2023 in 1Password 3 – 7 for Mac

I have automatically sign in after filling usernames and passwords ticked. Some sites this works as advertised. Many open the website and I see the data filled... then instead of being logged in I'm again shown the login screen without any credentials filled in. My workaround is to use the Command-\ shortcut. This works on most sites.

The one site Command-\ shortcut doesn't work is gmail logins. It worked in 1PW6 and the original 1PW7, not sure if google changed something or 1PW7beta is at fault. I have multiple gmail accounts I use daily.

Another thing and perhaps a separate issue is the "automatically sign in after filling usernames and passwords" when I first ticked it had a tick or check mark as expected. I then switch to Safari and use the 1PW mini, I expect the data to be filled automagically. Doesn't work. Switch back the 1PW app and the preference is unchecked. I did this 3, perhaps 4 times before I was present with the instructions to enable the needed script to be installed in the Library. Since I was on a new, for me Mac, the Library was hidden. It had been years since I enabled that on another Mac, so I had to figure that out, perhaps that info can be included to make it easier for others.

1Password Version: 1Password 7 Version 7.1.BETA-0 (70100000) AgileBit
Extension Version: 4.7.2
OS Version: 10.13.5 (17F77)
Sync Type: Dropbox

Comments

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni

@egoham: Can you tell me what you mean by "Command-\ shortcut doesn't work"? What's happening exactly? We've made some big changes to the filling engine in 7.1, but I don't want to just blame it on that if there's something else going on.

Regarding the "Automatically sign in" preference, this has changed a bit in version 7 due to sandboxing. Previously, at least in the website version of the app, this didn't involve script installation. But now that it does, in rare cases, if the proper permissions aren't set so 1Password can write it, it will fail. It sounds like you got it sorted, but definitely let me know if you run into any other issues with that. I'll be happy to walk you through it.

This discussion has been closed.