If I move from 1Password.com to 1Password.eu, do I have to use a different desktop program?

Federico
Federico
Community Member

I am testing 1Password for my family, and I signed up yesterday.
I realized only now that exists also an EU server, and I would like to move there.
What I notice, though, is that the installed program on my computer asks me to "sign in to 1Password.com", will it still work if I move to the EU server? or will I have to do something differently?

Also, as a side question, I gave my card details, but I am still in the trial phase, having signed up yesterday.
Can I create the EU profile, move my data and delete the .com profile without fearing to be billed twice?
How should I proceed?

Thank you.

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Sync Type: Not Provided

Comments

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni

@Federico: The app is exactly the same. It's just a matter of signing into the correct account in it to access your data.

I am sorry for the confusion though. 1Password.com is what most people use, and in the case of the Mac and iOS apps it's the only option available for in-app subscriptions, so we do reference that. But all you need to do is go and sign up for an account 1Password 1Password.eu, and you can use it to sign into the app just the same:

https://start.1password.eu

Just make sure you cancel the other account if you've setup billing there, so you don't get charged for both:

https://support.1password.com/manage-subscription/

I hope this helps. Be sure to let me know if you have any other questions! :)

• Federico
    Federico
    Community Member

@brenty Thank you for the answer. And don't worry about the confusion, as you easily resolved it.
    I will now proceed with your steps, and I will come back should anything else arise. Thank you!

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni

You're very welcome! Happy to help, and we're here if you need us. :chuffed:

This discussion has been closed.