Can't delete Tags

Hi guys, another one from me on moving from Mac desktop to 1Password subscription. I'm now on Windows, and it looks like the Windows client and the web version don't allow you to delete tags like the Mac Desktop version does.

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Sync Type: Not Provided

Comments

• Hi @codeknight,

Thanks for writing in.

Correct, we haven't implemented any bulk tag editing capability yet; you can't rename, delete or tag multiple items in either the Windows or web apps.

It is coming but we have no ETA on them.

• rickcr
    rickcr
    Community Member

Since this was back in April, I'm curious if this is ever going to come?

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni

Yep! You've probably noticed that we've added a ton of other features since then, across many updates, so we've been pretty busy. But this is definitely still on our list. Cheers! :)

• rickcr
    rickcr
    Community Member

I just want another vote to allow bulk removal of tags... a simple 'right click' 'delete' from the tags list showing on the left would be wonderful. I have so many tags I'd love to clean up.

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni

We definitely want that too ourselves. Thank for the nudge. :)

• @rickcr while right click on sidebar is not yet ready, you can select all items in 1Password 7 beta, right click on them to add/remove tags to all selected items. Hope this helps :)

• rickcr
    rickcr
    Community Member

@SergeyTheAgile hmm can you explain how to do that? I know how to retrieve all the items that have a certain tag but don't see how you can "right click on them to add/remove tags to all selected items."
    If that can be done, that would help a lot.

• Sure, just select few items and right click on the blue background

you should see menu like this

• jakepeyser
    jakepeyser
    Community Member

I am using the Mac 1Password 7 app. When I select multiple items and right-click, I do not have the "Tags" option in my context menu. Am I missing something or is this feature not available on the OSX app? FWIW I cannot seem to figure out how to do it on iOS either.

• Greg
    Greg
    1Password Alumni

Hi @jakepeyser,

This thread is about 1Password 7 for Windows, where we do not have bulk tag editing yet. In 1Password 7 for Mac you should be able to remove the tag from all items right from the sidebar:

1) Switch to the vault you need.

2) Expand the list of tags.

3) Find the tag you want to delete > Right Click > Delete.

Let me know how it works for you. Thanks!

++
    Greg

• jimmyrose
    jimmyrose
    Community Member
    edited July 2018

If I am a Windows/Android user, is there any way to delete a tag?

Edit: found what was going on. There was a blank sub folder (weird thing in the import from Lastpass) which wasn't displaying in the Windows app. It displayed in the web app and if I one-by-one deleted all the passwords from that tag (took a while...) it disappeared

• jakepeyser
    jakepeyser
    Community Member

Sorry for the confusion, Greg, that did work. The problem was that I was looking on 'All Vaults' and the option is not provided to delete tags in that context. Thanks!

• Greg
    Greg
    1Password Alumni

@jimmyrose: I am glad to hear you've figured it out! I would also recommend you to check this reply from Mike, which shows you how you can remove tag from the items. Let us know if you have any other questions.

@jakepeyser: No worries! :chuffed: :+1: We are always here to help you with 1Password, so please do not hesitate to contact us anytime.

Cheers,
    Greg

• keithsg
    keithsg
    Community Member

Hi,

Just wondering, has the feature to allow Android users to delete the tags (individually or by batch) been implemented?
    It has been quite a while since this was requested.

• Greg
    Greg
    1Password Alumni
    edited February 2019

Hi @keithsg,

It is not implemented yet, but we are well aware of this gap in 1Password for Android. It is definitely on our list, but I do not have any time frame at this point.

If you have additional questions about this situation, we will be happy to address them. Thanks!

ref: android-121

This discussion has been closed.