Can't create NEW vaults! [family members need to be confirmed after being added]

dpkavanaugh
dpkavanaugh
Community Member
edited July 2018 in Families

Upgraded 1password in my MAC from 6 to 7. When I log onto 1password.com I can not find the ability to ADD new vaults.

1Password Version: 7.0.7
Extension Version: 4.7.1
OS Version: OS X 10.13.6
Sync Type: iCloud

Comments

• dpkavanaugh
    dpkavanaugh
    Community Member

Guess I should have told you, the account was created as a FAMILY account and I am just ONE of THREE members of that account.

• Hi @dpkavanaugh

Are you a Family Organizer on this 1Password Families membership, or does someone else have that role? We only fairly recently made it so that anyone within a membership could create a vault, and that change only applied to memberships created after that change. Prior to that only Family Organizers could create vaults.

Ben

• dpkavanaugh
    dpkavanaugh
    Community Member

I am not the family organizer. The person who has that role can create vaults for himself. How do we rectify the problem so that any member of the family can create their own vaults?

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni

@dpkavanaugh: It sounds like maybe the invitation process was not completed. You'll need to have your account confirmed after signing up before you have access to anything.

• dpkavanaugh
    dpkavanaugh
    Community Member

I received and accepted the invitation to join the family. I have a private vault but am unable to create any new vaults under my user id. It seems that only the family organizer has that capability. Each member of the family group needs to be able to create vaults under their id.

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni

I received and accepted the invitation to join the family.

@dpkavanaugh: That's only half of it. The family Organizer will need to confirm your account as well. That's what I was saying.

• dpkavanaugh
    dpkavanaugh
    Community Member

How does the organizer confirm the account?

• If that is indeed the difficulty the organizer will have received an email indicating the awaiting confirmation. The subject of the email will be "[name] accepted your invitation to [membership name] on 1Password" and there'll be a big blue button to confirm.

Ben

This discussion has been closed.