To protect your privacy: email us with billing or account questions instead of posting here.

1Password not syncing from Laptop? Data isn't updated on iphone

Options
Pollybean
Pollybean
Community Member
edited July 2018 in Memberships

Hi there, Sadly my macbook has died and i'm left using a rented machine and my iphone for a couple of weeks.
I have been using 1Password for many years, and sync via Dropbox. However when I have tried to access using my iphone (which is sync'd to Dropbox) the data is not up to date. Which I'm very surprised about as I have been very dutiful with my entries and of course linked 1Password with Dropbox through my laptop as well. Is it possible this could have been unlinked with an app update??
Very disappointing as i've lost a lot of client login details which will take me quite a long time to uncover and reset.
My question is, is there any way to check if the data is there in the Dropbox file?
I have unlinked and relinked with my iphone.. the data isn't appearing.
I don't have my 1password account login either (which I no doubt would have dutifully saved on my laptop, but it seems that data has gone).
Can I recover this somehow?
Any ideas? Any help very much welcome, trying not to panic. Thank you!

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: iOS 11.4
Sync Type: Dropbox
Referrer: forum-search:sync

ref: KMF-11833-847

Comments

• Ben
    Options

Hi @Pollybean

The request regarding your account is something we’ll need to handle via private email. We’re not able to handle account specific requests through this public forum. I see you’ve already emailed us about that, and I’ve made sure your email is in the correct spot to get the attention of the folks that can help. They’ll be in touch shortly.

As for the issue with Dropbox... there are a few things that could be happening here. The most common cause of situations like you’ve described is that the Dropbox app is not running on the Mac. Could you please check and verify that it is indeed running and syncing changes? If you add a new file to the Dropbox folder on your Mac and then log in to the https://dropbox.com web interface do you see the newly added file there?

Beyond that the best I could suggest would be our Dropbox troubleshooting guide which is available here:

If you're having trouble syncing with Dropbox | 1Password

I hope that helps!

Ben

This discussion has been closed.