Yet Another Sync Issue between OSX and iOS via Subscription

Options
tomnagle
tomnagle
Community Member

I'm about give up on 1P after years and years. Transitioning to the latest version, and dealing with subscription has been frustrating and incredibly time consuming.

I'm on a subscription plan, and both iOS devices and desktop(s).

All are signed into the subscription.

On my two desktop I have 2117 "All Items."

Both run the same, latest version of 1P.

One one desktop, there is no sync button - I just changed it to sync to iCloud. On the other desktop, my main computer, there is no sync icon in preferences. Again, both are signed into the subscription.

On iOS, I'm signed into the subscription plan. I have 4159 "All items," and I don't know why there are duplicates of everything - including new login that aren't syncing, despite being signed into the account.

On iOS, I just changed it to sync to iCloud, but I'm not sure if that is unnecessary since I'm signed into my account. Why am I even given the option of changing synced vault locations, if it is redundant from being on a subscription plan?

-tom

1Password Version: 7.0.4
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: 10.13.4 (17E202)
Sync Type: iCloud

Comments

• Ben
    Options

Hi @tomnagle

It sounds as though you haven’t completed the migration instructions, particularly the instructions to delete the Primary vault:

https://support.1password.com/migrate-1password-account/#set-up-your-other-devices

Not doing so would explain both the duplicates and why some devices show sync options. Please delete the Primary vault from any devices that have it and let us know if you still have trouble. :)

Ben

• tomnagle
    tomnagle
    Community Member
    Options

Update.

I deleted the "primary" vault on iOS. New passwords, when entered on iOS, were being added to it.

Everything seems to be syncing.

I still don't know why on my older desktop, with the latest version on OSX and 1P, still gives me a Sync icon...and then a choice of what service to use (again, which should be irrelevant since I'm using a subscription).

• Ben
    Options

@tomnagle

It appears we may have been typing at the same time. Please see my above post. You’d need to delete the Primary vault from each device that has it.

I hope that helps!

Ben

• RogerABrooks
    RogerABrooks
    Community Member
    Options

I am so confused I am also about to give up. On my desktop I have 156 items in my Primary vault and none in my personal vault (I have no idea why I have two vaults). On my two iOS devices, it shows I have 709 items: none in the personal vault and 709 in the Primary vault. If I follow your instructions and delete the primary vault on my iOS devices, it says I don't have any passwords. How do I get the Primary vault on my desktop to my iOS devices? VERY frustrating!

• Hi @RogerABrooks,

It sounds like you did not do the migration to the Account at all, but simply added the account and left your items in the old vaults. Here's how to fix that:

On your Mac:

1. Switch to the Primary Vault.
    2. Close the vault list in the sidebar, if it is open, then click on "All Items" in the sidebar.
    3. Click on one of the items in the list, and then choose "Select All" in the Edit menu (or press ⌘A) to select all items in the list.
    4. Go to the Item menu and choose "Copy to Vault > Personal".
    5. After a minute or so, switch to the Personal vault and verify that all items have been copied.
    6. If they have, switch back to the Primary vault and then choose "Delete Vault" from the Vault menu.

On your iOS Device:

1. Switch to the Primary Vault.
    2. Go into All Items.
    3. Pull down on the list and tap "Select Items…"
    4. Tap the circle to the left of "Move…" to select all items.
    5. Tap Copy and select the Personal vault when asked.
    6. After it has finished, switch to the Personal vault and verify the items have copied. You should also see the 159 items moved over from your Mac, too.
    7. Go to Settings > Vaults > Primary and tap the Delete option.

Note, if your iOS devices were syncing together, you can skip steps 1 thru 6 on any additional iOS devices, as you've already moved the items into the Personal vault and they'll automatically sync.

I hope that helps. Let us know if you have further questions.

Cheers,
    Kevin

This discussion has been closed.