Recurring problem fixed yet in 1Password 7?

Mid-2011 iMac running Mac OS 10.11.6 and 1Password 6.8.9

This is a Mac in my house and I am the ONLY user so I always check the remember me/username option if it is available. Every now and then 1Password, as part of the fill and submit process, decides to UNcheck the box. IIRC this has been a long known problem with only a workaround of manually recreating the login when it happens. It still happens to me in 1Pwd 6.8.9

Has there been any progress on a permanent fix in 1Pwd 7 that doesn't require creating multiple logins?

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: 4.7.2.90
OS Version: Not Provided
Sync Type: Not Provided

Comments

• Hi @romad,

If the ‘remember me’ form field has been saved as part of the Login item in an unchecked state you can edit the form details and check the box or save a new login with the box checked.

Ben

• romad
    romad
    Community Member

Ben, that is the problem: the "remember me" form field WAS saved in a checked state, but after a few uses, 1Pwd changes it to the unchecked state. I've gone into the edit mode but there isn't anything that I can see which will allow me to change the state. I've looked in version 6 and just did in version 7. How do I find the place in the form to change it?

• @romad

It would be under “web form details.”

Ben

• romad
    romad
    Community Member

I checked there and it wasn't listed:

• @romad

That indicates that field wasn’t saved as part of the form. Re-saving it using these instructions may help:

How to save a Login manually in your browser | 1Password

Please let me know how it turns out.

Ben

• romad
    romad
    Community Member

Will do. However, I have a similar problem on another log-in. While this one does remember the username the auto log in doesn't work. I click on the 1Pwd extension icon, the browser acts like it is logging in but then quits at the login page again. However, if I copy & paste or manually type in the password, the login completes. Should I do the same thing and save a new login?

• That would be the first troubleshooting step that I'd recommend, yes. :)

Ben

• romad
    romad
    Community Member

OK. I'll let you know how it goes. Hope I don't have to do it for all of the other 361 logins!

• Unless you did something strange when saving them originally, or they've all since changed their login form, I doubt that will be the case. :)

Ben

• romad
    romad
    Community Member

No, because they worked fine for years through many password updates. It is only in the last that I see them to start this weirdness.

• romad
    romad
    Community Member

Didn't work, Ben. As soon as I clicked on the new login today, the password was entered in its field and at the same time, the 'remember me" box was unchecked. Also, I had deleted the old login after creating the new one.

• Thanks for the update @romad. If you look in the web form details on the newly saved login item do you see a field for the ‘remember me’ checkbox?

Ben

• romad
    romad
    Community Member

Yes, the entry is there and it has a checkmark by it:

• Interesting. Okay, thanks. I’ll check with our extension developers to see what is going on here. Sorry for the trouble.

Ben

• Could you please let me know the URL to the form in question @romad? If this is happening on multiple sites ideally we’d get one where we can freely create an account so that we can test with real data.

Ben

• romad
    romad
    Community Member

This is the one where I created a new login manually:
    https://verified.capitalone.com/sic-ui/#/esignin?Product=Card

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni

@romad: Thanks for letting us know! I'm not able to reproduce the issue you're describing in 1Password 7 though: 1Password does not uncheck the box if it is checked when I fill a login there.

I have to ask though: if 1Password is filling your username along with the password anyway, what is the benefit of "Remember Me" in this case?

• romad
    romad
    Community Member

Hi, brenty.

Good point, but there were times when a site required I enter my user name, hit submit, THEN enter my password, and hit submit again. I solved that initially by creating two 1Pwd login entries: the first one entered just the username, then for the password page, I used the second to enter the password. I later determined that enough of the web address was the same for me to use only one login entry; I just have to click on it two times.

BTW, during my recent out of state trip I told you about, I discovered a problem with the 1Pwd mobile app on my iDevices; I'll do up a post in the iOS section later.

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni

Good point, but there were times when a site required I enter my user name, hit submit, THEN enter my password, and hit submit again. I solved that initially by creating two 1Pwd login entries: the first one entered just the username, then for the password page, I used the second to enter the password. I later determined that enough of the web address was the same for me to use only one login entry; I just have to click on it two times.

@romad: Good find! This isn't always possible, but in some cases it is, so it's generally something we only suggest when there's a chance it would work. Very satisfying when it does though. :)

BTW, during my recent out of state trip I told you about, I discovered a problem with the 1Pwd mobile app on my iDevices; I'll do up a post in the iOS section later.

Sounds good. We're here if you need us! :sunglasses: :+1:

This discussion has been closed.