Browser extension keeps browser on top of all other windows (can't even minimise)

Options

Hi

Since yesterday I noticed a strange problem on my system. My browser was always above all other windows on my desktop. Even when I minimized it, it came right back up after a 0.5-2 seconds delay.

This happended in Firefox 60.0.1 and in Vivaldi 1.15.1147.52 and 1.16.1230.3

I could pin down the problem to the 1password browser extension. Once deactivated, the problem disappeared. Already re-installed 1password desktop app - problem stayed. Also tried the beta extension and version 4.7.1.90. That did not help

Do you have any clue?

thank you very much and kind regards
Michael

1Password Version: 4.6.2.626
Extension Version: 4.7.2.90
OS Version: Win10 64bit
Sync Type: Dropbox

Comments

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni
    Options

@buergimi: Thanks for getting in touch. That's an odd issue. Can you tell me what was changed on your system around the time you started having this problem? Nothing has changed in 1Password, so that could help narrow down the cause. If you restart Windows, are you still seeing the same issue? How about in Chrome?

• MikeT
    Options

Hi @buergimi,

Can you try this and let me know if it works better?

1. Close your web browsers and 1Password
    2. Open Windows File Explorer and enter the following in the address bar: %LOCALAPPDATA%\AgileBits
    3. Move the OPX4.auth file to your desktop
    4. Restart 1Password, unlock and then open your browser, see if it works better now.
  • buergimi
    buergimi
    Community Member
    Options

Hi @MikeT

I tried it with both Vivaldi and Firefox and it worked.
    Thank you very much!

• MikeT
    Options

You're welcome!

This discussion has been closed.