To protect your privacy: email us with billing or account questions instead of posting here.

Problem with switching from family account to individual account

Options
MaddyP
MaddyP
Community Member

Hi, I recently commenced a trial of a 1password family account, but have decided that an individual account would suit me better. I tried to switch to an individual account but when I opted for the individual account option, the following message appeared:

"Failed to switch to individual account.
An individual account with this email address already exists."

Prior to the present trial I have never previously held a 1password account of any kind so I'm very confused about this message. When I installed 1password, I did this by installing the family account first via the 1password website on my personal computer and then I installed the 1password App on my iPhone. The version of 1password that I'm using is 7.0.7.

I'd really like to continue my trial of 1password with just a single individual account. Can you please help?

1Password Version: 7.0.7
Extension Version: 4.7.2
OS Version: mac OS HighSierra 10.13.4
Sync Type: via family membership
Referrer: forum-search:switch from family account to individual account

Comments

• Lars
    Lars
    1Password Alumni
    edited July 2018
    Options

Welcome to the forum, @MaddyP! I'm sorry for the trouble you're having getting switched from a 1Password Families account to an individual account. I've just shot you a quick email to the address you used to register for this forum, since discussing private details like email addresses and account details should not be on this public forum. If you don't receive the email, please check your Spam or Bulk email folder, as sometimes overzealous spam filters can mark unsolicited email from us as junk (the NERVE! 😉). Let's continue the conversation that way. Thanks! :)

ref: SUV-66384-646

This discussion has been closed.