Copy on select instead of holding field value

Options
passie
passie
Community Member

Hi There,

I'm an new user on 1Password and trying to switch from safe-in-cloud to 1Password. Unfortunately importing the old passwords didn't work for me since most items are secure notes instead of web logins. (need to fix this myself)
One thing which is really working great on safe-in-cloud in the IOS app and macOS app is, on select it copies the user / password. So there is no need to hold the field and select copy. Is this possible as well with the 1Password app for IOS or macOS ?

Regards,
Pascal

1Password Version: 7.0.7
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: ios 11.4.1
Sync Type: Not Provided

Comments

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni
    Options

@passie: It's possible, but it isn't something 1Password does because any app can access the clipboard. Similar to how 1Password does not fill until you tell it to, we don't want 1Password taking action with our sensitive information unless we tell it to do so. You can, however, swipe to the right on an item in your vault's item list to do a quick copy, without having to view its details or hold anything. Let me know if that helps. :)

• passie
    passie
    Community Member
    edited July 2018
    Options

@brenty Thank your for your answer. Reading your reply it does make sense that 1password isn't doing the same as the safe-in-cloud app.
    Better security is always better.
    I have found the swiping setting, I have no problem using it this way.
    So once again thank you.

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni
    Options

@passie: You're very welcome! And while that can help now, we're always looking for new ways to make 1Password easier to work with as well.

For example, while the swipe is great if you just need the password, you may also want to check out the Quick Copy feature we introduced in version 7:

1Password 7 for iOS: Efficiency Abounds

Long story short, if you need to copy multiple fields from a login, when you tap and hold to do so and then switch away from 1Password, switching back will copy the next for you. Just another useful tip. And we're here if you need anything else! :)

This discussion has been closed.