Problem syncing with 1Password.com

Options
jhessdvm
jhessdvm
Community Member
edited July 2018 in iOS

I wonder if my account has been hacked. When I open 1password on my iPhone and iPad, I receive a Sign-ln error: "We're having trouble logging into your account. Please make sure your Secret Key and Password are filled in correctly." The Secret Key is correct but changes I make on a MacBook Air don't show up on IOS devices, iphone and ipad, but they do show up on another Mac Laptop. I have deleted and reinstalled 1Password on the iPhone twice but it makes no difference.

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Sync Type: Not Provided
Referrer: forum-search:my account may have been hacked

Comments

• danco
    danco
    Volunteer Moderator
    Options

Does the old password work on the iOS devices?

When you change the Master Passsword on one device, this does not (cannot) propagate to another device immediately. You need to use the old password at least once on the second device before you can use the new one.

Could that be your issue? Or ossibly a syncing problem. It will help if you tell us what version of 1PW you are using, whether you have a subscription or a licence, and how you sync if you have a licence.

• Ben
    Options

I wonder if my account has been hacked.

That would not be the first conclusion I would draw here based on your description of the problem. 1Password will email you at your registered address any time a new device signs in. Have you received any emails about new devices, which you do not recognize, being added to your account? Have you lost any devices that are authorized on your account? If the answer to both of these questions is ‘no’ then that reduces the posibility of that even further.

The Secret Key is correct but changes I make on a MacBook Air don't show up on IOS devices, iphone and ipad, but they do show up on another Mac Laptop.

Can you please check the two Macs and see if either or both of them have a Primary vault? Also do you have a Login item saved in the Personal/Private vault for 1Password.com? Does it have the correct Secret Key on it?

Please let us know.

Ben

This discussion has been closed.