Just added new logins on my iMac 1Password. They are not appearing on iPhone X or iPad.

Bill1
Bill1
Community Member

Ipad and iPhone X have been synched. New logins from IMac not appearing

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Sync Type: Not Provided
Referrer: forum-search:Just added new logins on my iMac 1Password. They are not appearing on iPhone X or iPad.

Comments

• Hi @Bill1

Welcome to the 1Password forum. How are you syncing these devices? Have they all been set up using the same sync service (e.x. Dropbox)? Do they each show the same vaults, or does the Mac have different vaults than the iOS devices?

Please let me know. :)

Ben

• Bill1
    Bill1
    Community Member

Different vaults, Ben. Before 1Pasword 7, all vaults on iMac appeared on iPhoneX.
    Bill

• Bill1
    Bill1
    Community Member

IF it's helpful, I just sync the devices using iTunes.

• IF it's helpful, I just sync the devices using iTunes.

That might help explain the problem. 1Password does not have a mechanism to sync via iTunes. Please see this guide:

Sync your 1Password data

You'll want to be sure to use the same sync option for each vault on each device.

Ben

• Bill1
    Bill1
    Community Member

Guess I'm "out of sync" I thought I was a member in good standing, but now I'm lost. I have 1 Password 7 on my iMac and 1Password on iPhone X and iPad. ?????

• JadC
    JadC
    1Password Alumni

Hi @Bill1, from your last comment it seems that you have a 1Password membership, thus the problem may lie in how the devices are configured with the account. Try adding your 1Password account details to all your devices uses the instructions in this support article: https://support.1password.com/add-account/.

If these steps do not help solve the problem you are encountering, please let us know and we will provide further assistance.

• Bill1
    Bill1
    Community Member

I've had 1Password since 2014, or earlier. Unable to access account with email address, since that email already exists with an account. I have no Master password and can't sign in. I guess I need to start over, but I don't want another email address.
    ?????

• @Bill1,

Let’s back up since 1Password memberships didn’t exist in 2014 it is unlikely that is what you’ve been using. You said that you’ve been syncing via iTunes, but that isn’t possible as 1Password doesn’t have any mechanism for syncing via iTunes. That likely explains why your devices aren’t in sync: you’ve been under the impression that they’ve been syncing via iTunes but they haven’t been. Without a 1Password membership 1Password can sync through iCloud or Dropbox. Some of your devices (e.x. the iPhone and iPad) may already be set up to sync your 1Password data through one of these services. I’d recommend checking on that, and then setting that sync option up on the rest of the devices. On 1Password for iOS you can check in 1Password > Settings > Sync. The guide for setting up syncing is the one I linked above.

Ben

This discussion has been closed.