Version 7 not locking on Windows 10 after several days of computer uptime

Options

Greetings, upgraded to version 7 last month after many years on previous versions and love the product. I have a weird issue that I hope you can help me to get to the bottom of. I normally don't shut down or reboot my Windows 10 (fully patched) pc often (maybe it happens once a month or so when updates install) and since moving to version 7 (currently 7.1.567) I have found that 1Password will not lock on its own.
Initially after a reboot the software will unlock and then after closing will timeout and lock. After several days of uptime it will no longer lock. I can shut down my browser, come back an hour later (or the next morning like happened today) open the browser up and when I click the 1Pw icon it immediately opens w/o requesting my password. I can also open the full program or the mini version w/o it asking for my pw.
Any ideas what could be keeping it unlocked, or any way for me to tell what is causing this? Thank you very much for the awesome program and any help you can provide.

1Password Version: 7.1.567
Extension Version: 4.7.2.90
OS Version: Windows 10
Sync Type: Cloud (dropbox)

Comments

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni
    Options

@puget_sounder: 1Password just polls the OS for inactivity, so anything that is keeping your system "alive" will result in 1Password being told that you're using it and it should not lock. The most common cause we see is 3rd party software/drivers for input peripherals, especially gaming mice or controllers. I'm not sure there's a good way to narrow it down besides trial and error, but you could lower the lock timer and then disconnect or shut off devices to see if it has an effect. You can always lock 1Password manually, but it's probably best to figure out the cause, as your computer staying active will also have an impact on its longevity.

• puget_sounder
    puget_sounder
    Community Member
    Options

Thanks I will try that. Is there any other setting to override the inactivity timer so I could force it to lock after XX mins whether the computer is active or not?

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni
    Options

@puget_sounder: No, that would be a really, really annoying in most cases, to have 1Password lock while you're in the middle of using it. You can always force a lock using Windows Shift L though. Definitely let me know what you find.

This discussion has been closed.