Why were you going to give an account to people hacking me, [we can't and we don't]

DAnnSmith
DAnnSmith
Community Member
edited July 2018 in iOS

This is beyond a joke. I own an iPhone 5s and the number which is [phone number removed by AgileBits staff — this is a public forum]. You computerised idiots were going to give them 1 password for my phone!!!!! What is wrong with you???

Comments

• DAnnSmith
    DAnnSmith
    Community Member

Write me back NOW

• DAnnSmith
    DAnnSmith
    Community Member
    edited July 2018

I want to know what ID they presented because it was fake to say the least. I use an online alias because of these [inappropriate language removed by AgileBits staff] and I AM SICK OF LOSING EVERYTHING!!!!!! Forgive the swearing but I do it when I’m upset. These guys want to steal my money and my iD. Please for the love of God don’t help them!

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni

@DAnnSmith: While I'm sorry for whatever difficultly you're having, we still need to keep the forums as friendly as possible for the wide range of people that visit. Be sure to keep that in mind in the future. We're happy to have you here, so long as you can adhere to the guidelines:

Forum guidelines

Moving on, while it won't solve whatever problem you're having, I can assure you that we won't make it worse. In fact, we can't give out your passwords, etc., not to you or anyone else, because we never have access to anyone's data or the "keys" to it. After all, we go out of our way to remove personal information when people post it here on the forum. We're really very uncomfortable with even being a platform for people to share something they might later wish they hadn't, even if it's just spammers getting an email address someone posted without thinking.

Also, we go to a lot of trouble to know as little as possible about our customers, so that we're not in a position to be used or misuse their info. And while there is some information we do have about a customer, like an email address, name, and payment details, we only discuss that and other information associated with a 1Password.com membership after verifying that the person we're communicating with is the owner of that email address. I hope that helps clarify, but please let me know if you have any questions.

• DAnnSmith
    DAnnSmith
    Community Member

Just FYI team I have been Uber careful- this has been the trip from hell for me and I hope it soon ends with me safe and content. I have been vigilant!!!! Thank you!

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni

I'm sorry that you're going through this, but glad to hear that you're proceeding carefully. I hope that you'll be able to get back to a state of relative normalcy before long. Hang in there.

• DAnnSmith
    DAnnSmith
    Community Member

Thank you. These things aren’t human!

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni

I tend to agree with you there. :angry:

This discussion has been closed.