How to hide Archived Credit Cards?

I've read the post on hiding credit card items that are not used. But there's no "Display" field in my credit card sections to select "Never Show". I've already moved the credit cards into a new private vault named "Archive", but they are still showing up when the drag downs appear for the credit card info on websites.

Also, why do I need the Desktop 1Password, if I'm using 1PasswordX extension in crhome? Is there any benefit to having both?

1Password Version: Current
Extension Version: Current
OS Version: Chrome
Sync Type: 1Password
Referrer: forum-search:hiding

Comments

• leva0887
    leva0887
    Community Member

Google Chrome show passwords when you don't want. I set up "Never show in the browser" and after it I can see it. In Safari working as expected. In Mozilla Firefox working as in Google Chrome. Please help to solve this issue

1Password Version: 7.0.7
    Extension Version: 1.8.2
    OS Version: OS X 10.13.6
    Sync Type: 1Password Account

• leva0887
    leva0887
    Community Member
    edited July 2018

Google Chrome ver. 67.0.3396.99
    Mozilla Firefox ver. 61.0.1
    Safari ver. 11.1.2

• leva0887
    leva0887
    Community Member

Any updates?

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni

I've read the post on hiding credit card items that are not used. But there's no "Display" field in my credit card sections to select "Never Show". I've already moved the credit cards into a new private vault named "Archive", but they are still showing up when the drag downs appear for the credit card info on websites.

@PoweredByPho: Thanks for reaching out. I’m sorry for the confusion! 1Password X doesn't support that option because hiding an item "in the browser" in this instance effectively means not having access to it at all. So this is a setting that does not apply to 1Password X (or the web interface) at this time. You can, however, hide any vault from the All Vaults view by clicking the vault icon in the upper left of 1Password X and then the gear icon on the right:

Also, why do I need the Desktop 1Password, if I'm using 1PasswordX extension in crhome? Is there any benefit to having both?

You may not need the 1Password desktop app if 1Password X does everything you want. It adds a lot of flexibility with regard to security settings, and being able to use 1Password outside of the browser, but if you're one of the many people who only uses 1Password in the browser anyway that may not make a difference. I hope this helps. Be sure to let me know if you have any other questions! :)

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni

@leva0887: Sorry for the confusion. "Never display in browser" is a setting in the 1Password desktop apps, and only applies there. 1Password X only works in the browser, so setting an item there to "Never display in browser" would mean it would be effectively lost forever. I hope that helps clarify. We're here if you have any other questions. :)

• PoweredByPho
    PoweredByPho
    Community Member

Thanks!

• PoweredByPho
    PoweredByPho
    Community Member

Sorry, actually I don't see the gear icon. When I click the lock on the top left, it takes me back to the home page with my vaults shown in large thumbnails.
    When I click all vaults, it just takes me back to my passwords.
    When I click the "Manage" gear icon beside my "Archive Vault" thumbnail, I can change toggle the 1. Allow Viewing 2. Allowing Editing 3. Allow managing. If I remove "Allow Viewing", it automatically unchecks "Allow Editing".
    Are you able to post screenshots of Chrome? Or is that the desktop version? I can't seem to get to the same window your screenshot is showing.

• PoweredByPho
    PoweredByPho
    Community Member
  • Hello @PoweredByPho,

It sounds like you're on the 1Password.com website itself. You'll want to open 1Password X from your toolbar:

Please forgive the test data being shown there – I didn't clean things up yet as I wasn't expecting guests just yet. 🙂

• PoweredByPho
    PoweredByPho
    Community Member

great, found it, thanks!

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni

Glad that helped! Sorry for not being clearer earlier. We're here if you have questions about anything else. :)

This discussion has been closed.