1Password not upgrading to version 7 on one of my computers

Options
Big_Dave
Big_Dave
Community Member

I have a subscription to 1Password 7. When I log in to 1Password on the browser on my computer, it is asks if I want to upgrade the 1Password app on that computer to version 7. I click yes and everything is great. Except it is not doing that on my computer at my office. It is still running version 6.8.8 and I can't seem to get it to upgrade to version 7.

1Password Version: Subscription version 7
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: 10.13.6
Sync Type: 1Password Subscription
Referrer: forum-search:1Password not upgrading to version 7

Comments

• rudy
    Options

@Big Dave,

Do you know if the computer at the office is running the version from our website or from the Mac App Store? Being that you've on 6.8.8 I'm thinking its possible that you may have installed that one from the App Store as the current 6.8.x release is 6.8.9 (and the only way to have gotten 6.8.9 is to either have updated in the 12 hour window before we pulled v6 from sale, or installed from your purchases tab in the App Store).

The Mac App Store version of 7 has a separate product identifier so its not a direct update from version 6. You can confirm that its the MAS version by selecting About 1Password under the 1Password menu. If it indicates that you're using the Mac App Store version then you'll either want to download directly from us or get the 1Password 7 version from https://itunes.apple.com/us/app/1password-7/id1333542190?mt=12

• Big_Dave
    Big_Dave
    Community Member
    Options

Yes, it is the mac app store version, but that was true with all of my computers. It is just that when I logged into 1Password after subscribing to version 7 on my other computers, I would always get some sort of dialogue from logging in to 1Password that said something along the lines of, "It looks like you are running version 6 on this computer, would you like to upgrade this computer to version 7", but it isn't doing that on this computer.

• Lars
    Lars
    1Password Alumni
    Options

@Big Dave - thanks for the clarification. Go ahead and use the link rudy provided above to get 1Password 7 for Mac from the Mac App Store if you prefer that, or use this link to get our version. Let us know how that works for you!

• Big_Dave
    Big_Dave
    Community Member
    Options

Thanks. Got it.

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Sure thing! We're here if you need anything else. :) :+1:

This discussion has been closed.