App opens. "my.1password.com" does not.

Options
ramsayh
ramsayh
Community Member

My password opens the app. I get my 'secret code' from the app. My email is my email. Those three should get me in to "my.1password.com". Yes? They do not. On IOS OR Mac. What to do?

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Sync Type: Not Provided
Referrer: forum-search:my.1password

Comments

• Lars
    Lars
    1Password Alumni
    Options

@ramsayh - sorry for the trouble! What you're describing sounds very much as if you have both a Primary and a Personal vault in your 1Password apps -- meaning, both local (standalone) and 1password.com data. Could that be possible? If you created a 1password.com account, you would have been asked to create a new Master Password for it. You could have used your existing Master Password, but you may have chosen a new one as well. The Secret Key is whatever was generated for you when you first signed up -- unless you specifically regenerated it (which most people never do because they don't have any need to do so - you would remember if you did this). If you visit https://my.1password.com are you able to enter your Master Password and access your account? It sounds as if you are not. If not, are you signed into this account in 1Password for Mac? Go to Preferences > Account in 1Password for Mac and check what's signed in there. Can you let me know? Thanks.

• ramsayh
    ramsayh
    Community Member
    Options

Thanks Lars! That was exactly it!

Is it advisable to keep the personal vault? And if so, how do you keep personal and the primary in sync?

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Thanks Lars! That was exactly it!

@ramsayh: Glad Lars was able to help! :)

Is it advisable to keep the personal vault? And if so, how do you keep personal and the primary in sync?

The Personal vault is part of the 1Password.com account. The Primary is a local vault. These are not and never will be connected or sync with each other.

If you'll be using a 1Password.com membership going forward it would be best to make sure you've saved all of your data into its Personal vault, and then remove the Primary (by disabling local vaults in Preferences > Advanced).

I hope this helps. Be sure to let me know if you have any other questions! :)

This discussion has been closed.