7.1.BETA-0: crashes and unending sync - WLAN Mac to iPad

Stephen_C
Stephen_C
Community Member
edited April 2023 in 1Password 3 – 7 for Mac

There appears to be a significant problem with WLAN synchronisation and this beta. I update items only on my MacBook Pro and use WLAN sync with my iPhone and iPad (both of which are running iOS 11.4.1 and 1Password 7.0.6). Although my iPhone just appeared to sync successfully 1Password 7 on my MacBook Pro has crashed repeatedly when trying, immediately afterwards, to sync with my iPad. (I have submitted the crash report.)

Further, having tried disabling WLAN sync on the MacBook Pro, deleting 1Password data on the iPad and re-syncing, the sync to the iPad never appears to end (the sync icon continues to spin). In addition, not all of my tags have sync'd to either my iPhone or my iPad (i.e., there are items with some of the MacBook Pro tags missing on both the iPhone and the iPad).

Stephen

1Password Version: 7.1.BETA-0
Extension Version: 4.7.2.90
OS Version: macOS 10.13.6
Sync Type: WLAN

Comments

• @Stephen_C,

did you put any contact info in the crash reporter? I'm not seeing any crashes from you under that particular version.

• Stephen_C
    Stephen_C
    Community Member
    edited July 2018

@rudy yes my email address was included—but although the domain was as my address registered on the forum the name to the left of the @ was different.

Edit: removed typo.

Stephen

• Stephen_C
    Stephen_C
    Community Member

Update:

The sync to the iPad did eventually finish but took ages (I have 206 items with some attachments so it may just have been a case of everything taking its time....but the sync did seem to be exceptionally slow). Further all tags have now transferred to both the iPad and the iPhone (I repeated the sync again today on the latter).

The remaining "mysteries" are thus:

• yesterday's crashes; and
    • why I could not yesterday see on either iPad or iPhone some of the newer tags I'd added on my MacBook Pro before synchronising to both the iPhone and iPad.

Stephen

• @Stephen_C,

I'll look and see if I can find the crashes. are you using nested tags at all? I don't believe the iOS app supports those fully yet.

• Stephen_C
    Stephen_C
    Community Member

@rudy if you can't find the report PM me so I can reply with the email address used. Yes, I have a couple of nested tags—but those were not the ones initially missing on the iOS side.

Perhaps I should say that all devices (iOS and MacBook Pro) were rebooted overnight and it may be that caused the missing iOS tags to appear on the iPhone. I say that because they were definitely missing on both iOS devices last night but appeared this morning. I had sync'd again from the MacBook Pro to the iPad but not to the iPhone—and the tags appeared on both.

Stephen

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni

@Stephen_C: If you're still having trouble, please send a diagnostic report for each device so we can look at the logs:

https://support.1password.com/diagnostics/

Please send it to support@agilebits.com and add the following Support ID to the subject of your diagnostics email before sending:

[#KFN-66784-255]

If you’re reading this and you are not Stephen_C, this Support ID is for Stephen_C only. Please ask us for your own if you also need help.

Happy to take a look. :)

ref: KFN-66784-255

• Stephen_C
    Stephen_C
    Community Member

@brenty I think we should ignore this now as it was some time ago and you'll see from this post that I've since sent a diagnostic report related to a further crash.

Stephen

• Lars
    Lars
    1Password Alumni

:) :+1:

This discussion has been closed.