Have 1Passport 7.1.567 on windows 10 v1803 - Trying to import from Dashlane- having problems!

Options

Exported data from Dashlane as .csv file to desktop. When I go to import to 1passport I get 2 options: 1passport Interchange Format (1PIF);or Agile keychange or OP Vault Format. What do I do now?

1Password Version: 7.1.567
Extension Version: chrome 4.7.2.90
OS Version: windows 10 v1803
Sync Type: Not Provided
Referrer: forum-search:Have 1Passport 7.1.567 on windows 10 v1803 - Trying to import from Dashlane- having problems!

Comments

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni
    Options

@garryg236: Thanks for reaching out. Just to clarify, are you not using the 1Password.com web interface to import? That's what's suggested in the import guide, and we've had a lot of success with that. Let me know if that helps.

• garryg236
    garryg236
    Community Member
    Options

Yes, I tried to use the import guide. I did not see "Other" on the import screen . Instead, the 2 options listed above appeared.
    Actually, the issue is somewhat irrelevant in practice, because one can manually transfer the relevant information from Dashlane to 1Password. Still it would be good to know how to go about doing it by the book. So, what-todo?

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni
    Options

@garryg236: If it isn't too much work for you to do it manually, that's okay. Some folks just have too much data for that to be feasible. If you view the guide for importing from Dashlane specifically, it gives you instructions for the best way of getting the export, and then importing it directly into a 1Password.com account through the website (we have a few custom importers there for various formats):

1. Sign in to your account on 1Password.com.
    2. Click your account name in the top right and choose Import.
    3. Click Dashlane.
    4. Choose the vault you want to import your data into. If you’re importing personal data, choose the Personal or Private vault.
    5. Click inside the dotted rectangle to open a file browser. Browse to your desktop and select the CSV file you created earlier.

We've had good success with that, but since it's possible they could change their format at any time let us know if you encounter any difficulties so we can look into it. :)

• garryg236
    garryg236
    Community Member
    Options

Possibly something is screwed up with on my IPassport account. First- my account name is not on the top right. It is on the top left. Even so, when I click on it, Import does appear. When I click on Import, Dashlane does not appear! I am presented with 2 options. 1passport Interchange Format (1PIF);or Agile keychain or OP Vault Format- Nothing more. Nothing about vaults or CSV files. So, what's going on?

• Greg
    Greg
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi @garryg236,

It sounds like you opened a 1Password app on your PC. In order to import your Dashlane data, please try to open the browser and sign in to your account on 1Password.com there. Then follow the instructions from Brenty.

Let me know if it works. Thanks! :+1:

Cheers,
    Greg

This discussion has been closed.