Using Safari extension to auto fill keeps opening the 1password ad and doesn't auto fill anything

Options
bigcat
bigcat
Community Member
edited July 2018 in Mac

On macOS 10.13.6. Running 1password 7.0.7 for Mac, Safari extension (4.7.2). When I click on the extension and select something (like CC info) to autofill, nothing gets filled, instead I get this popup ad (see attachment) every time. I own the software. Do I really need a membership or subscription or something to use the browser extension?

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Sync Type: Not Provided

Comments

• Stephen_C
    Stephen_C
    Community Member
    Options

@bigcat 1Password 7 is a paid upgrade from 1Password 6. You can read more about licensing and the cost of the standalone version if you look at the bottom of this AgileBits' blog post.

Note that if you want to upgrade to the standalone version (instead of taking out a subscription) you must download from the AgileBits' website (not the App Store) and you need to be very careful when setting up to look for the prompt Need a license. We have those too..

There's a helpful recent user post here showing how you set up 1Password 7, once you've downloaded the AgileBits store version, to avoid being lured into a subscription.

Stephen

• JadC
    JadC
    1Password Alumni
    edited July 2018
    Options

Hi @bigcat, as Stephen mentioned, 1Password 7 is the first paid upgrade in five years and we provide two upgrade paths: either you can signup and use 1Password with a membership or you can buy a standalone license by downloading 1Password from our website (the Mac App Store version requires a subscription).

Please let us know if you have any questions or concerns about the upgrade process.

This discussion has been closed.