To protect your privacy: email us with billing or account questions instead of posting here.

Proton email address

Options
Scoiattolo
Scoiattolo
Community Member
edited July 2018 in Memberships

Dear Supportteam,

I want to change my e-mailadres in a proton but that's not allowed. Can you explain why?.

cheers,
Ruud

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Sync Type: Not Provided
Referrer: forum-search:email

Comments

• Dr_Owssap1
    Dr_Owssap1
    Community Member
    Options

Hi Ruud,

Are you trying to change your actual email address that you use with ProtonMail? If so, you might want to check out the ProtonMail support page found here, as Proton is made by a different company than 1Password.

If you're trying to change your log-in credentials for ProtonMail in 1Password, you should be able to do so by opening the 1Password app, signing in to the appropriate vault, finding the log-in for ProtonMail, and then click "Edit". You can then change any of the populated fields, including the username (email address) and password.

Hope that helps!

-Doc

• Lars
    Lars
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Welcome to the forum, @Scoiattolo! Can you say a little more about what specifically you're trying to do? @Dr_Owssap1's instructions are correct, but I'd like to make sure we understand what you're needing to do.

• Scoiattolo
    Scoiattolo
    Community Member
    Options

Hi,

My question was not correct.
    I want to change my e-mail address from my 1password account.
    Can you help me with that?

Cheers Ruud

• Lars
    Lars
    1Password Alumni
    Options

@Scoiattolo - I'm still not sure I understand what you're trying to do. If you have a 1Password account, you can change the registered email address by visiting your account in a browser, then clicking your name in the top-right corner of the window and finally choosing "change email" from the left sidebar. Is that what you meant?

• Manaburner
    Manaburner
    Community Member
    Options

It sounds like @Scoiattolo 's problem is that mails from the protonmail domain (protonmail.com I assume) are not regarded as valid email addresses by 1Password.com.

• JadC
    JadC
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi @Scoiattolo, are you referring to adding an allowed domain to a 1Password team account like this:

If so, we disallow known email providers (e.g. gmail.com, yahoo.com) from being added to this list.

• Scoiattolo
    Scoiattolo
    Community Member
    Options

Hi, Why is a Proton email address not a valid email address according to 1Password?

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni
    edited July 2018
    Options

@Scoiattolo: You're misunderstanding. "Allowed Domains" has nothing to to with the registered email address on your account profile. You can sign up for a 1Password.com account with any functional email account. What Jad is saying is that we're not going to allow you to setup a 1Password Families, Teams, or Business account to allow anyone with an address for a public email service to join your family/team/business without approval. That would be foolish. :)

• Scoiattolo
    Scoiattolo
    Community Member
    edited July 2018
    Options

Hi Brenty, thanx for de reply.
    But I stil can't change my email address!!

cheers
    Ruud

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni
    edited July 2018
    Options

@Scoiattolo: I just used that email address on my own account to try to change it there. It worked fine, just please disregard the confirmation. Did you perhaps limit your account's allowed domains to another specific domain(s) earlier, as in Jad's screenshot?

• Scoiattolo
    Scoiattolo
    Community Member
    Options

Thanx Brenty, That's working.

Have a Nice day.

Ruud

• Ben
    Options

Thanks for the update @Scoiattolo. Glad to hear that resolved the problem.

Ben

This discussion has been closed.