Deleting vault

RoWi69
RoWi69
Community Member

I just migrated the standalone vault of my Mac app to the membership account vault. In the process there was a question if I wanted to delete the old vault but I didn't choose too on that moment. How can I delete that standalone primary vault afterwards in the app? Of can I only uncheck it for further use?

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Sync Type: Not Provided
Referrer: forum-search:conformation mail

Comments

• Hi @RoWi69,

Instructions for removing the Primary vault can be found in the migration guide:

https://support.1password.com/migrate-1password-account/#set-up-your-other-devices

Please scroll down to the section titled "Set up your other devices" if it doesn't scroll to that automatically. :) I hope that helps. Should you have any other questions or concerns, please feel free to ask.

Ben

• RoWi69
    RoWi69
    Community Member

Well I tried that already:

Mac
    Sign in to your new account.
    From the menu bar, choose Vault > Switch to Vault > Primary.
    Choose Vault > Delete Vault.

In the menubar of my app I can only choose 'Switch vault' under 1password. Then I can choose the separate vaults or 'vault preferences' but there I can only uncheck the primary vault, not deleting it. Or am I looking in the wrong place here?

• RoWi69
    RoWi69
    Community Member

Or can I better remove the Mac app and then reinstall it again to get rid of the primary vault?

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni
    edited July 2018

@RoWi69: As mentioned in the instructions Ben linked,

To remove your old Primary vault, choose Vault menu > Switch to Vault > Primary. Then choose Vault menu > Delete Vault.

Are you maybe clicking the vault selector instead of "1Password" in the menu bar? Have you signed into your 1Password.com account in the app? Do you maybe have other local vaults which need to be removed first? You could also disable local vaults under Preferences > Advanced — but again, that will only work if you have only the Primary and are signed into a 1Password.com account. Let me know what you find.

• RoWi69
    RoWi69
    Community Member

I am signed in in my 1password account, vault shows 3 vaults, the primary (old standalone vault i want to delete), and a private and shared one (new vaults after importing old primary vault).

If I click 1Password in the menu I can only select Vault selector

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni

@RoWi69: Thanks for checking. Did you try to disable local vaults under Preferences > Advanced? That will remove the Primary vault in addition to disabling them completely in the app.

• RoWi69
    RoWi69
    Community Member

FIXED: Found the problem, was using older MAC apps that don't have the menu options you all are referring too. Thanks for thinking with me all!

• Thanks for the update @RoWi69. I'm glad to hear that updating to the latest version helped resolve the issue. If there is anything else we can do, please don't hesitate to contact us.

Ben

This discussion has been closed.