I seem to have some conflict between my online account and the downloaded version

Options
Planoflyer
Planoflyer
Community Member

I began using 1Password with the downloaded version 1Password4.0. I now have added a family subscription, but I am having trouble with the different vaults that don't seem to be in sync. Also I seem to have two different 1Password Secret Keys. One of them is listed under my.1password and the other one us simply 1Password, both of which use my same email address.
I am currently using DropBox to store my data and I would like to know what is the best way to sync the private vaults so that all of my logins are available to me across all my devices (iOS, OS X)?

1Password Version: 7.0.1
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: 10.12.6
Sync Type: Dropbox
Referrer: forum-search:I seem to have some conflict between my online account and the downloaded version

Comments

• Ben
    Options

Hi @Planoflyer

1Password memberships (including 1Password Families) do not sync using Dropbox. They sync via 1password.com. If you are seeing discrepancies between your devices my first suspicion would be that you have a Primary vault, which is a standalone (non-membership) vault on one or more of these devices. Standalone vaults, including Primary, do not sync via 1Password.com. Please check and see if you have such a vault, or if all of your vaults are indeed part of your membership account.

Please let me know.

Ben

• Planoflyer
    Planoflyer
    Community Member
    Options

Thanks. I guess it wold have been more helpful to have a helpful hints type guide when transitioning from the stand alone version and the web (Family) version. If there is one, perhaps you could direct me to it.
    Thanks in advance.
    Ron

• Ben
    Options

Ron,

We do have a guide here to help folks through the process:

Move your existing 1Password data to a 1Password account

It may be of limited value now if you’ve already completed most of the process, but there are instructions there for deleting the Primary vault from each device where it exists.

Ben

This discussion has been closed.