To protect your privacy: email us with billing or account questions instead of posting here.

Stuck on login screens

Bart S.
Bart S.
Community Member

Hi, I am trying to setup 1Password 7 on my home computer, but am seem to be getting stuck. I think at work I was forced to subscribe for a 1password.com account, but then I undid it and was able to get the app just to sync with Dropbox. Now I have 1Password 7 on my iPad and Android phone, and both of those are syncing with dropbox without being signed into a 1password.com account.

When I try to open 1Password 7 on my home computer, it gives me the splash screen with giant green "Subscribe Today" button, which I don't want to do. Below that is a "Need a license?" link, which I don't want to do. Then below that is "Already have a membership? Sign in". When I click that, the first option is to scan a QR code, but in the instructions for that, it asks me to go to a working device, and go to a screen that is signed into 1Password.com which none of my devices are. Then there's "Enter your account details" which also requires 1Password.com info with a secret key. Then all the way on the left there's a more hidden "Don't have an account? Create an account or find your data elsewhere"... When I click that, it shows me it found two vaults and asks me to pick one, but my Dropbox folder has two pre-7 ".agilekeychain" files and one ".opvault" file from 1Password 7. So I'm guessing it's giving me the option between the two vaults, but in any case when I pick the latest one it goes back to the "Subscribe Today" screen with green button rather than actually loading that vault.

So I'm stuck in this endless loop, all trying to force me to get a 1Password.com account even though I am already using 1Password on other devices without one.

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Sync Type: Not Provided

Comments

• Lars
    Lars
    1Password Alumni

@Bart S. - I'm sorry for the trouble! No one is ever "forced" to sign up for a 1password.com account, though we make no bones about that being the best way to use 1Password for the vast majority of use-cases. The choice of a 1password.com membership vs a standalone license is yours, however! :)

When I try to open 1Password 7 on my home computer, it gives me the splash screen with giant green "Subscribe Today" button, which I don't want to do. Below that is a "Need a license?" link, which I don't want to do.

Well, those are pretty much your options: standalone license or 1password.com membership. :) So, if you're certain you don't want a 1password.com membership and you plan to stick with standalone 1Password instead, then licenses are sold per-person and per-platform. You'll need to click the "Need a license?" link just below the big green "Subscribe Now" button, and follow the instructions there. Right now, during our launch special, licenses for 1Password 7 for Mac are just $49.99 instead of the usual price of $64.99 (a nearly 23% savings). Hope that helps.

This discussion has been closed.