I am trying to download the latest update but each attempt fails. What should I do?

Options
susanhorgan
susanhorgan
Community Member

I've had this on my computer for years. It is no longer doing all that it used to, like clicking straight through to a website I've saved. I tried to download the latest version but each attempts fails.

1Password Version: 5.4.3
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Sync Type: Not Provided
Referrer: forum-search:I am trying to download the latest update but each attempt fails. What should I do?

Comments

• susanhorgan
    susanhorgan
    Community Member
    Options

I'd like to get some customer support.

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni
    Options

@susanhorgan: Thanks for reaching out. Can you tell me more about what you're trying to do, the exact steps you're taking, and where you're having trouble? Unfortunately without some more information it's hard to say what the solution might be. Please tell me the OS, browser, and extension versions you're using, the exact steps you're taking, and what is (or is not) happening the way you expect so we can figure out the best plan of action:

Find your version

The more information you can give, the better. However, you seem to be using a very old version of 1Password, so I wonder if you're having some issues because of that. If you'll provide the details I've asked for I should be able to point you in the right direction. :)

• susanhorgan
    susanhorgan
    Community Member
    Options

Thanks for your response. My 1Password is version 5.4.3 (553001). My Mac Os is X El Capitan (Macbook air). I am using Google chrome for my browser. When I restart my computer I get a message from 1Password to update, but when I follow the steps, it directs me to download the newest version which it attempts to do and then each time ends with an error message saying that the update failed. Also it used to be that I could double click on one of my saved logins and it would go straight through to the website which it no longer does. Can you help? Thanks in advance.

• JadC
    JadC
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi @susanhorgan, let's try manually updating to the latest version available for your license (6.8.9, which is a free upgrade from 1Password 5) to see if that resolves the other problems that you are encountering. You can download version 6.8.9 from here. Please try installing that updated version of 1Password and let us know if it fixes the problems that you are encountering :smile:.

If you are still encountering problems with filling in Google Chrome after the 1Password upgrade, try downloading the latest Google Chrome extension here.

• susanhorgan
    susanhorgan
    Community Member
    Options

I get as far trying to quit all versions of 1 Password and it won't do anything when I quit "Quit all" and now I've put all previous programs in the trash, thus not having any way of getting to my information and I can't proceed. Is there no way to talk to a person and get some real tech help. I'm going to find another software because this is ridiculous.

• Lars
    Lars
    1Password Alumni
    Options

@susanhorgan - I'm sorry for the continued difficulties you're having. To get you back up and running as quickly as possible, I'll need to get a closers look at what's going on with your 1Password setup. But I'd like to avoid having to waste your time by playing 20 Questions with you regarding the state of things in your 1Password 'ecosystem', so instead I'd like to ask you to create a diagnostics report from your Mac:

https://support.1password.com/diagnostics/?mac

Please add the following code (including the square brackets) to the Subject line of your diagnostics email before sending it:

[#VLT-92888-557]

This will link your diagnostics to our current discussion. We'll take a look and let you know what we find out. Also, if you have other devices you use 1Password on (like an iPhone, iPad or other Macs), please create diagnostics reports for those as well.

For anyone else reading, please note: this ID is for @susanhorgan only. If you’re experiencing the same issue and need help, please ask us for your own ID.

ref: VLT-92888-557

• susanhorgan
    susanhorgan
    Community Member
    Options

I'm sorry but I'm a 70 year old woman and your program needs me to be a computer expert which I'm not. If I can't get help from a live person I'm going to download a different program. Thank you.

• Lars
    Lars
    1Password Alumni
    edited July 2018
    Options

@susanhorgan - I'm sorry for the trouble, truly. And we don't need you to be a computer expert. That's why I'm asking you to create a diagnostics report -- so that we can see what's going on without needing you to know what we're asking or where to look. It's an automated tool -- download it, run the report (just push the button), and then attach it to an email message, just as in my instructions. I'll help you do the rest once I see what's going on.

We don't have telephone support for 1Password, if that's what you were hoping for. But I have just re-checked, and I'm pretty sure I qualify as "live person," so if you're willing to bear with us a bit here, I'll be happy to assist. :)

• susanhorgan
    susanhorgan
    Community Member
    Options

Thanks for your response. The problem is that in downloading the new version, I had to delete the old version, so I have nothing now on my computer. I'll follow the link from your previous post and see if it will do what you're looking for.

• susanhorgan
    susanhorgan
    Community Member
    Options

I believe I was able to do it, the report appeared to be attached in the body of the email and I sent it off.

• Lars
    Lars
    1Password Alumni
    Options

@susanhorgan - thanks! Glad you were able to get it attached. Only...did you put the Support ID in the Subject line of your email, so we can "connect the dots?" Or did you just send it?

• susanhorgan
    susanhorgan
    Community Member
    Options

Afraid I just sent it. Where do I find the support ID and how can I find it again to resend?

• Lars
    Lars
    1Password Alumni
    Options

@susanhorgan - no worries; I was able to locate it. One of us will be with you shortly. :)

This discussion has been closed.